Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Naxos (LGNX) Aug 7-13 or Paros (LGPA) Aug 13-20 2016

We’ll be there. Anyone care to join? Flying from Thessaloniki (LGTS) on Sunday Aug 7.

Tököl LHTL

If you fly to Paros, make sure you fly to the new airport. It opened this Monday. A bit of a pity I have to say. The old one was just so cute.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I’ll fly around that area Aug 12-31 … LDDU, LGKR, LGMG, maybe to Milos or Split at the end.

@boscomantico “If you fly to Paros, make sure you fly to the new airport. It opened this Monday. A bit of a pity I have to say. The old one was just so cute.”

Are two airports open now on Paros? Or are you talking about humiliation risk (landing at the wrong one)?

Two might be okay if the opening hours vary!!!

Tököl LHTL

No, the old one has been closed and the new one has been opened.

Anyway, they will sure advise you before landing if you are aware about the recent changes…

For preflight, check AIP SUP 01-16.

I do have a question for the Greek hands (and am most thankful to Peter for flagging the opening hours issue in his reports! I could easily have blundered in at the wrong time… )

My question is: if the airport closes at 1900 local and you land at 1855, does everyone leave on the dot of 1900? Do you have to spend the night in your plane on the apron or is there someone to let you out? I know this sounds like a silly question but I once had to scale a high chain link fence to escape a deserted airport (another country) after landing after hours. A good thing my son was with me. Two people were needed to get over! How much time after closing time do you have for egress?

This is half tongue in cheek, of course. Tower will know we landed, but what is the expectation?

Last Edited by WhiskeyPapa at 29 Jul 18:34
Tököl LHTL

IME there will be people there, for say an hour after closing time.

Especially if the airport is on narrow slots e.g. the 2hr opening slots which operate at some like LGST. At those airports there is permanent police etc presence anyway so somebody will let you out.

Greece is nice, with the added advantage that (apart from Corfu) you don’t have to search for good food

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

WhiskeyPapa wrote:

My question is: if the airport closes at 1900 local and you land at 1855, does everyone leave on the dot of 1900?

No, the airport does not close until everyone has left the premises.
Please coordinate with the sole handler there, Goldair, and with the airport operation for the PPR. Note that there are no tie downs yet.
The airport’s email is this: [email protected]
If the airport’s operation misses the email (can happen, true story) call them: 0030 22840 90900
Goldair’s: [email protected]

I’ll be there 1-3 August, from LGMT.

LGMT (Mytilene, Lesvos, Greece), Greece

@boscomantico: does Skydemon show the location of the new airport? Also, is 1 week parking an issue at places like Naxos or Paros? I am putting in requests now for period Aug 7-20.

Tököl LHTL

I guess SD doesn’t show the new airport yet, but as I said, it’s only a mile northwest of the old one. You can’t miss it.

I would say parking of 1 week is not a problem in these two places. They get rather little traffic, even in high season.
But of course, you have to ask beforehand, since everything is PPR in Greece.

43 Posts
Sign in to add your message