Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Need help with circuit breaker identification

I know the bottom ones are (or can be replaced with) Klixon 7277 e.g.

But the top ones?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

My guess is the top ones are made by ETA.

Hmmm. I did a google and can’t see any ETA ones whose upper (visible) part looks like that.

Administrator

Can anyone recollect looking behind the CB panel of a TB?

The non-pullable CBs are hard to trace. I have been onto ETA but the ETA drawings they sent me show CBs which cannot possibly be mounted on that pitch (35mm) because they are over 40mm wide. That’s unless they are mounted at 90 degrees, but then they would hit the airframe. ETA might supply Socata but per standard practice they will never admit it or indicate which parts Socata use.

I might simply replace them with the Klixon ones because they can definitely be mounted on a 30mm pitch.

Administrator

We’ve always replaced anything existing with Klixon during modifications as it makes supply and future maintenance simpler.

Avionics geek.
Somewhere remote in Devon, UK.

This is the only possible mounting

since this requires them to be staggered between rows (to avoid the terminal screws touching) which they clearly aren’t

I just wonder if anyone can recall seeing the existing (ex Socata) situation.

I agree throwing out the Socata ones is the best way.

As you can see I have a spare CB panel It came out of a crashed TB10, in mint condition.

Administrator

For the benefit of all the avionics people here who have never seen behind the Socata TB circuit breaker panel here are some photos

They are indeed ETA (so A&C was right) but not ones I got any data sheet on from ETA, and they are HUGE. The bottom ones are also ETA.

It is obvious that Socata chose the CB spacing based on the size of these. It is easy enough to get them closer together if replacing them with Klixon ones, but it will make a mess of the holes in the plastic panel which will need to be covered with a metal strip.

Administrator
7 Posts
Sign in to add your message