Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

New member in the forum

10 Posts

Hi everyone,

I am 26 and French, working as an engineer in a major aerospace company. I live close to Paris and fly at LFPT, mainly Cessnas.

I got into flying since my childhood, my father being a rather active private pilot. I first got the BB (French Basic Pilot License) in 2010 before getting my PPL in 2014.
My logbook reaches now 220h TT (I try to fly 40-50h per year). I try hard to improve my skills and stay proficient.

I learnt flying in the traditional French aeroclub way (it could be a very long thread topic). For a few months, I’ve been actively reading EuroGA and it broadened my horizons to say the least :

• I got the Night VFR rating
  • I started using Skydemon (it’s so amazing I have to force myself not using it on some flights to not loose map reading skills)
  • i passed the ELP test
  • I flew my first international trip to Portugal last May
    Also, I have been very lucky to be able to fly around a whole week in the northeast US in a 172. Such a nice experience !

All these have been made possible or inspired by reading this forum. Thank you very much to all of you.
I am sure dozens of students/young pilots read it everyday and dream about visiting Europe and owning their own plane.

In the future, I would like to get the CB IR and fly around IFR. It seems so much easier than VFR especially using Autorouter !
In the meanwhile, I practice some instrument skills in FSX and prepare other trips in Europe (maybe Aero Friedrishafen next year, or a EuroGA meetup !).

I will probably have more questions than answers to bring to this forum. At least it will create the new threads Peter asks for !

LFOU, France

Hey! Welcome to EuroGA. You’re one of the few people here who is younger than me and yet you’re way ahead with your flying. Great job, keep at it and have fun : smile:

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

Welcome Juju… Julien?

I fly out of LFPT as well, and have, for a couple of years, been a member of Hispano just like you probably are now. In later years I have mostly been flying a DA40 at Ameridair but have now moved on.

Let’s fly to L2K one of these days.

Last Edited by Aviathor at 03 Aug 20:59
LFPT, LFPN

Bienvenue chez EuroGA !!

Jujupilote wrote (in another thread):

Please excuse my english.

Your English is excellent

Last Edited by Aviathor at 04 Aug 06:42
LFPT, LFPN

Thanks everyone for this warm welcome.

@medewok : I suspect I am the youngest Guy on EuroGA :). Maybe Peter knows better. Congratulations for you PPL ! You shared your experiences so well during your training.

@aviathor : yes, sure, anytime !! Never been to L2K as strange as it seems. I am in fact a Hispano member and I am trying to get checked out on the DA40 you talk about (some coworkers know its owner). I flew in one years ago and I miss it !
Jujupilote comes from the registration of the aircraft I learned in ;).

LFOU, France

You may not be the youngest on EuroGA… I’m also 26 and based in Pontoise for fun, Le Bourget for work.

Romain

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

Welcome to EuroGA, Jujupilote

I don’t know the ages of most of the regulars here but for sure you are one of the youngest.

Yes your English is excellent but it wouldn’t matter if it wasn’t.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I am happy to see other young French pilots. Maybe we could create the LFPT section of EuroGA !
Any chance to go together someday to an EuroGA meetup in the N reg DA40 ? Could be nice to share the costs and to mix IFR and VFR legs !
Might be too late for dresden though.

LFOU, France
10 Posts
Sign in to add your message