Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

New Pilatus jet - PC-24

here

They seem to be going for the PC12 type of mission i.e. a big cargo door, short field capability and - wait for it - it can fly LPV approaches!

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

From what I've read about it, I'd say that it will be a brilliant machine.

EGNS, EGKB, EGCV, United Kingdom

Update here

Makes one wonder what can be new about yet another bizjet. In this case it seems to be short or even grass runways – the PC12 market.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The main shortcoming of the PC12 is the TAS of around 260knots.

Not sure how short the fields might be for a twin turbofan, but assuming the engineering is of the same, or even higher, quality of the PC12, there will definitely be a market for the type. I can’t quite see it operating out of Denham, unless there is some tilt thrust involved.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

They claim that it will “more or less” have the same short field performance as the PC-12. Huge flaps and big tires. :)
Apparently the Flying Doctors in Australia(big PC-12 operators) have ordered a few. The PC-24 looks really nice!

ESSZ, Sweden

Fly310 wrote:

The PC-24 looks really nice!

Looks a little pregnant though And I guess that most people who ever get invoiced for washing and polishing a bussiness jet (ours get this service once or twice per year) will restrict operations from unprepared surfaces to the absolute necessary minimum…
The cargo door is a big plus of course, also for ambulance missions. But in this sector there is fierce competition with KingAirs and old Learjets which can be bought for a small fraction of a PC-24.

EDDS - Stuttgart

Seeing that the PC12 is the one airplane in GA where the yearly production is usually sold out two years earlier I don’t see much of a problem for the PC24. From what I hear through the grapevine, if you want one you’d better put an order in if you want it in this decade.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

I’m sure this will sell really well. Being able to operate a civilian jet out of unpaved strip is a huge sales point in Oz, Africa and even in parts of the US (Alaska) and Canada. I don’t see this as a biz jet, but rather as a cargo / medevac / crew change (oil fields, etc) machine. Washing and polishing come second in this game….

I was thinking the main market was Russia.

pmh
ekbr ekbi, Denmark

pmh wrote:

I was thinking the main market was Russia.

Russian market is potentially big, but it’s a huge gamble – may be anywhere from a brillian success to a total flop. And the biggest players on the Russian market are currently under international trade sanctions anyway.

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic
72 Posts
Sign in to add your message