Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

NewYork - New York (at night)

10 Posts

I took advantage of a recent trip to New York for work earlier this week to rent a Cessna 172SP (Skyhawk) and do a night flight around Manhattan. I posted to the full story on my blog as usual and you can find it here

I rented from Airfleet Training Center on Caldwell Airfield. KCDW.

If you don’t want to read the blog (it’s worth it :-) ) here are some pictures of the trip.

Last Edited by David at 24 May 18:25
LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

WOW!

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Spectacular !

EBST, Belgium

Wow, that is simply amazing. I like the reflection on the wing also. I wish I had done that when I went to NYC some years ago to get my piggy back license from a FDSO.

Simply amazing pictures, thank you …

LOAN Wiener Neustadt Ost, Austria

“Big like” :)

ESOW Västerås, Sweden

Thanks everyone – seems like I screwed up pasting the link so it doesn’t appear clickable let’s try again http://lfhnflightstudent.blogspot.ch/2014/05/new-york-night-flight-over-manhattan.html

Last Edited by LFHNflightstudent at 23 May 11:26
LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

I read your blog. Also I enjoy flying at night a lot and did quite a bit of that back when I lived in the SFO area. My reactions to what you can do in the US in terms of flying were very similar to yours. We would do the Bay Tour, i.e. take off from Oakland, fly to Alcatraz, Golden Gate, we would enter class B airspace, overfly the city of San Francisco, proceed overhead the SFO airport and circle overhead while aircraft were taking off and landing below us, then proceed along Hwy 101 to San Carlos, cross the bay again at the Dumbarton bridge, follow the shore to the Oakland airport, cross the R28 threshold while jets on final off to our right.

But your photos of NYC are really something! I once saw a video made by a couple of French pilots who did approximately the same thing during daytime, but instead of turning and tracking back they followed a helicopter route across the Central Park from the East River to the Hudson.

LFPT, LFPN

Beautiful!

And this is the magic of flying…..
Thanks for sharing, wonderful.
E

eal
Lovin' it
VTCY VTCC VTBD
10 Posts
Sign in to add your message