Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Nice and friendly GA Airports in the area of Montpellier LFMT / Perpignan LFMP / Beziers LFMU

MPL = LFMT Montpellier.

Was in there last week and got a very mild verbal telling off for not PPRing to refuel! Didn’t argue as it was the same person controlling the buzzer to let me through a locked door, but I did want to answer that I’d been one continent, several countries and multiple legs away 72 hours previously.

Denham, Elstree, United Kingdom

MPL?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

pilotrobbie wrote:

An unbelievable nightmare occurred in Montpellier yesterday.

Total would not take my Debit or Credit Card!

This was not an issue on the return flight, I emailed whilst on my holibobs in Ibiza and they said it was now working. Flew via MPL on 28/09 and was serviceable.

Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom

UdoR wrote:

With Iberia they have to offer the basic handling fee.

They didn’t when I visited. A ton of admin charges, but far cheaper than other handlers.

EGSG, United Kingdom

Perpignan LFMP is friendly and super easy. PPR (if you need it) via web app MyDz, online payment via MyDz (€18) and fueling immediately upon landing. Terminal building is less than 200 m walking from GA apron if you need anything from there. Jet A1 is a bit more expensive than I expected (€2.42 and I expected €2.20) but the difference in total is less than €40.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

100 plus vat.

Landed and waiting for fuel. Usual Spanish disorganisation.

They get around the min handling. See the 2017 Menorca thread.

Administrator

With Iberia they have to offer the basic handling fee.

Germany

Peter wrote:

LEGE appears to be 3hr PPR and it appears that the handler arranges this, so you need to email the handler in time. I am using Centervol.

Did you not make contact with Iberia? They was a lot cheaper.

EGSG, United Kingdom

After a lot of work I forgot one thing: the 24hr PN (basically PPR) for the French airports! I thought I did the email days beforehand but I had not. And if you send the email less than 24hrs before, you cannot go since you cannot rely on them simply not replying as is usually the case; they could refuse the landing. So I am going to Girona LEGE instead of France. This is the LECD fly-in.

There is a mandatory handler at LEGE and the cost, based on reports, could be €200, but that is worth it for an airport that actually wants traffic! After the LFBH experience I am done for a bit LEGE appears to be 3hr PPR and it appears that the handler arranges this, so you need to email the handler in time. I am using Centervol.

LEGE is not in France but probably fully on-topic for the thread title; just down the road from Perpignan. To be honest I can’t see the point of bothering with these 24/48hr airports in France when one can go to Spain just a short distance away and get much less hassle.

The Spain AIP is wrong. [email protected] should be [email protected]. Even the AIP extract the airport sends you has the wrong email address.

LFMT, as discussed before, is 3 days PPR for all GA traffic! Completely mad. Here. Yet another French airport run by some crazy people.

Administrator

pilotrobbie wrote:

Great airport – although nobody cared to come and stamp us in and out of the EU (I got Bologna Police to do it).

How do you pay for the fees? Nobody stopped us, just the guy at security when we had to use the toilet. Make sure you bring your license + passport to use that.

Expect Apron F and stand F2 for transits and request frequency on arrival for JetA1/AVGAS. Payable via Credit Card or Visa Debit.

Probably by far the most efficient, stress-free airport, I’ve ever touched wheels with. Even more so than Le Touquet.

Got the bill a few days ago. For a total of 4 moments, in and out on the 4th of August – IFR and in and on on 7th of August – IFR – 29.28 EUR – 7.32 EUR per air traffic movement.

https://airports.euroga.org/record.php?id=1488

EGSG, United Kingdom
152 Posts
Sign in to add your message