Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Nice Cessna P210 videos in Europe

That landing was perfect.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Despite this touch down I thought the rest might be worth publishing it. This bird looks so great during approach and the sound turns me on. My first landing during training in this plane tend to be like this one because there is a slight nose up impression so you think you flare but you don’t.

EDXQ

No worries Andreas…if you followed me by cam you find lots of things to be improved on.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Ahh, thank you my dear. I was waiting who of you sky heroes will detect it first. It was almost a 3-point landing, yes, but very smooth. I usually land in a flare – but I’m not perfect.

EDXQ

Ha! That landing looked a lttle unfortunate, almost a three-pointer.
Was this merely a bad example, or is it generally difficult to land the SE nose up when one up and thus with forward CG? (I have only ever flown it “full house” and it was rather easy…)

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Cheshunt filmed me last Friday during landing, turbine startup and takeoff at Berlin Schönhagen (EDAZ).

Landing in morning:

Startup/takeoff in the evening:

In the meantime we were in Straubing EDMS.

Last Edited by Muelli at 23 Jan 15:07
EDXQ

No problem with that list, Phillip. Just some remarks

The Silver Eagle is a great airplane. It combines everything one needs (performance, climb rates, pressurization, short field pert etc – you named it). It is affordable and so a good upgrade path from a SEP. But it is not a plane for sight seeing trips like I did before (Bremen to Wangerooge island etc). If you pull it out of the hangar then for a longer trip otherwise it is too expensive.

Yes, on my first takeoff it felt like a rocket-driven truck. It has much torque and you need to really step into the right rudder on takeoff. You need to use side trim on takeoff and whenever you adjust power. This truck feeling goes away after some time. It then feels more like a Ford Mustang.

The fuel smell comes from leaks in the tanks, mostly the header feeder tanks. I had this too. After welding them it was gone. But a turbine has always a little bit of this smell. This is why people are buying this plane.

The only issues I had so far were: Welding of the tanks, igniter box, new battery. But I see these as remaining todo-items from the purchase.

Old aircraft – come on. They completely disassemble and rebuild the plane during conversion so it’s actually a new plane you get. Have a look at this Making Of Gallery

Last Edited by Muelli at 15 Jan 10:57
EDXQ

Peter,
the cost per mile will be the same for fuel only … doesn’t mean much.

I have installed a photo window in my Warrior, there’s a kit by a german company (Plexiglas Weiss) in Munich. I am now thinking of dong the same in the Cirrus.

I think a lot of those points would apply to the TBM also. Not the smell of fuel, I would hope! The fuel cost per mile is about the same as the TB20!

no good for taking photos

That is a very unfortunate thing which I have seen a lot. Is there no way to install a proper optical glass side window? It would have to be single glazed.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

You forgot one con:
I cannot afford it :-)

27 Posts
Sign in to add your message