Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Night flying...

I love night flights! DonĀ“t tell the engine it is dark :-)

EDAZ

I like night flying too!

EGTK Oxford

Yes Chestnut and JasonC: night flying is great. It is another dimension to flying at a time of day that is also often convenient to me for traveling (that is flying). My airport Rotterdam allows me to come in at night until 23:00 LT every day and many destinations in France and elsewhere allow you to take-off or land 24 hrs a day (with Pilot-Controlled-Lights). It is quiet in the air with only you and the airliners. And the views (if you can see something that is) can be stunning and great. I fly quite a large percentage of my flights at night or in the evening.

EDLE, Netherlands

Night flight with ILS into Rotterdam cutting through some frontal weather
A passenger used the iPhone with a cable connecting it to the avionics stack to record the approach into Rotterdam. We were coming from France and I expected to cross some frontal weather (with some thunderstorm activity) in the South of the Netherlands while flying towards Rotterdam. Nowadays, Dutch ATC has this nice weather overlay on their radar screens giving them additional information besides the stormscope information that I have in my aircraft. This extra information helps is staying clear of storm cells.

EDLE, Netherlands
54 Posts
Sign in to add your message