Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

No airport charges weekend 22 23 October Ostend (OST/EBOS)

Dear EuroGA community,

To mark the official re-opening of the dedicated light aviation apron (APRON 3) at Ostend-Bruges: light aircraft up to 6T mtow are exempted 100% from airportcharges (landing, take-off, parking, passenger) in the weekend of 22 & 23 october.
Movement (arrival and/or departure) has to be between 0800lt & 1900lt on both days. Arrival on saturday, with departure on sunday is permitted.
Immigration is 24/7.

Aircraft movement for ac up to 6T MTOW are subject to PPR on these days, which will be announced by NOTAM. Requests can be submitted with [email protected] .

Please note that trainingflights (this is circuits) are not exempted from airport charges.

This could be an ideal opportunity to visit Ostend or Bruges, or the Belgian coast. As Airport Management is considering adding specific facilities in the future for general aviation customers, a lot of visiting ac could support this consideration.

Fingers crossed for some fine (VFR) weather, and hope to welcome you at Oostende !

(the above info will also be announced on the airport’s website and facebook section)

Best regards,
Wim

Wim
EBOS, Belgium

Thanks for info , Wim! I’d love to come, but would they allow my ultralight with no transponder installed? I am not holding my breath…
Note that I do have 8,33 radio, though
Rgds from the East,

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Hello Jan, the transponder should be no issue I guess. When you plan your flight, just give a call to the operational tower, and normally this should be no problem. So on condition before you commence your flight.
there’s an entry in the Belgian AIP, EBOS section for this.
You’re most welcome.

Last Edited by Wim at 11 Oct 17:11
Wim
EBOS, Belgium

That’s great news @Wim I often fly to Ostend at always get the most friendly welcome from your guys In the yellow bus!

Recently it has been getting quite expensive with your passenger charge. Is there any thought of removing this in the near future?

Alex
Shoreham (EGKA) White Waltham (EGLM), United Kingdom

Hello Alex, many thanks for the nice comment. Yes, unfortunately, they have amended the airport charges this year. (not my decision ;-) )
Chances are slim they will reverse this. Even for the local clubs, prices increased.

If service could benefit from this increase, it might be worthwile. Maybe in future there will be more facilities, i hope.

By the way, the local flying club (Noordzee Vlieg Club) now has a brand new modern clubhouse: it’s located landside near Apron 3. If I’m not mistaken, it is open for non members during weekends. It has a very nice terrace overlooking that apron. The airport is considering an easier procedure, so you can enter as well via apron 3. (has to do with security)

Looking forward to welcome you soon again, and maybe on 22 or 23 october,

Wim
EBOS, Belgium

Excellent news! I am planning to fly in on the Saturday but can you confirm the notice period and details required for the PPR request?

The NOTAM only states that PPR is required and the email address but no further details.

Thanks

Hello Dino,
NOTAM is on line: A2979/16
Text:NON HOMEBASED ACFT WITH MTOW UP TO 6T ON PPR. SEND REQUEST TO : [email protected]

Just send an email with : registration/ type of ac / origin-destination / ETA-ETD / POB/ name pilot. That should be about it, or else they will ask you
the announcement should be on the airport website very soon.

Regards,

Wim
EBOS, Belgium

I am also thinking of flying in.

EGTK Oxford

JasonC wrote:

I am also thinking of flying in.

I am also thinking about it. So is my wife because I planted that seed in her brain.

Last Edited by Aviathor at 13 Oct 06:05
LFPT, LFPN

Aviathor wrote:

So is my wife because I planted that seed in her brain.

love this.
If some are going to EBOS I might do a trip to meet you… it is not to far away

jfw
Belgium: EBGB (Grimbergen, Brussels) - EBNM (Namur), Belgium
75 Posts
Sign in to add your message