Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

No airport charges weekend 22 23 October Ostend (OST/EBOS)

Thanks @Wim. I’ll get that PPR email sent over and hope for good weather

thx for the information Wim,

When the weather is OK, I will be there, together with 4 other pilots. so you cane already count in 5 aircraft. Must be already one year ago I landed in EBOS.

Great airfield & very nice people working there !

EBGB

By the way.. which day are you picking up ? 22 or 23/10 ?
Personally, I have a plane for 23/10 all day.

Last Edited by jfw at 13 Oct 07:58
jfw
Belgium: EBGB (Grimbergen, Brussels) - EBNM (Namur), Belgium

could be I go both days

EBGB

Like your enthusiasm , great!

Link on website: http://www.ost.aero/en/offici%C3%ABle-inhuldiging-apron-3-en-gunsttarieven

Ambiorix wrote:

thx for the information Wim,

When the weather is OK, I will be there, together with 4 other pilots. so you cane already count in 5 aircraft. Must be already one year ago I landed in EBOS.

Great airfield & very nice people working there !

Last Edited by Wim at 13 Oct 12:40
Wim
EBOS, Belgium

I mailed them, regarding my lack of transponder, and the answer was quick and polite. They tell me they can only say on the day of the flight, because only then can they judge how busy traffic is. I can quite understand that: they are not used to handling transponderless traffic. Unfortunately I need to make my plans longer before than that – I replied, and we shall see what turns up. The rapidity of the reply, and its very correct tone, certainly bode for the best.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Jan_Olieslagers wrote:

I mailed them, regarding my lack of transponder, and the answer was quick and polite. They tell me they can only say on the day of the flight, because only then can they judge how busy traffic is. I can quite understand that: they are not used to handling transponderless traffic. Unfortunately I need to make my plans longer before than that – I replied, and we shall see what turns up. The rapidity of the reply, and its very correct tone, certainly bode for the best.

You can always check with the navigation office Jan, some days before: that’s the reason we work with PPR, so we have an idea of what comes at what time. If you pick a timing which isn’t that busy, they should be able to fit you in? But I cannot judge on that of course.
Hope you can make it,

Last Edited by Wim at 14 Oct 12:48
Wim
EBOS, Belgium

PPR sent.

Hopefully a visit to get some early xmas shopping done!

Hope to maybe see some others there too? If you are flying from the UK I wrote a very quick trip report a year or so ago with bus / travel info HERE

Fingers crossed for good weather!

Alex
Shoreham (EGKA) White Waltham (EGLM), United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing your experience Alex

Some resources for planning:
Ostend: http://www.visitoostende.be/en
Bruges: https://www.visitbruges.be/en

Wim
EBOS, Belgium

I might pop over… I could do a lunch meet-up in the town somewhere.

No chocs for me though. I put on 1.5kg in Croatia!

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message