Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Does flight time in Annex 2 (now called Annex 1) and UL to count towards EASA PPL currency

Can UL be used for training towards a license (EASA PPL, LAPL)?

always learning
LO__, Austria

Sadly no. The hours on a 3axis ULM can, however, be used to to revalidate your PPL by experience.

France

How is it regarding experimental registered planes? Any training allowed? I remember some rule text that it’s ok if no other specific type is available for the intended training, but what about bog standard PPL training?

always learning
LO__, Austria

An experimental can be approved if it gets an authorization from the national CAA to use it for training. I think it is in DTO.GEN.240 or something like that.

I would be very happy to hear if anyone has received that authorization.

ESSZ, Sweden

I think it depends.on the NAA. In France for instance AIUI there are some DTO’s who are using homebuilts, kit planes, and orphelins for PPL training. I’m not sure what the requirements are but AFAIK they are not particularly difficult to meet.

France

AIUI there are some DTO’s who are using homebuilts, kit planes, and orphelins for PPL training

In France, Zlins NO but Jodels are OK, same in Czechia, Zlins are OK but Jodels NO
Non-EASA aircraft is funny business

Last Edited by Ibra at 05 Jul 20:18
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Do hours on a 3-axis microlight count towards the 70 hours on airplanes needed for the MEP-Rating with this amendment of FCL.035?

Austria

That’s a question for the state of licence issue. Austrocontrol has stated rather broadly that it accepts PIC flight time, gained on Annex 1 aircraft, towards the experience required for the instrument rating and professional licences. You will need to determine whether this includes microlight time. For UK Part-FCL purposes, UK CAA accepts time on an Annex 1 SEP but not on a microlight.

FCL.035(a)(4) applies only to revalidations by experience.

London, United Kingdom

Ok, I will inquire with Austrocontrol, but I guess microlight-time won’t be counting towards that.

Without microlight-time (allmost all of my flying has been in WT9s) there still aren’t a lot of hours missing anyway and as I am flying a Cirrus SR20 from time to time I will have the 70 hours shortly nontheless.

Austria

I believe the hours count towards revalidation of existing rating/SEP, not towards new license/ratings.

always learning
LO__, Austria
Sign in to add your message