Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

OPS regulations for Annex I (formerly Annex 2) aircraft

The Swedish Transport Agency has just published a new national ops regulation for private flying with Annex I (except UL) aircraft with effect on October 1. The regulation basically just says that part-NCO is be followed.

The old national regulations had several substantial differences from part-NCO and were generally more restrictive so this is a welcome simplification.

How is this done in other countries? Are national ops regulations still being applied or is part-NCO applied?

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 27 Aug 12:19
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

In the UK, Part NCO was transposed into national law with a few alleviations.

What is the practical outcome of this?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

What is the practical outcome of this?

UK or Sweden or… ?

Anywhere?

Thread moved to Non Certified section.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Thread moved to Non Certified section.

Why!? “Annex I” doesn’t meen “non-certified”!

Annex I simply means “non EASA”. It includes lots of certified airplanes, and they have been certified a lot longer than most EASA planes

When Part NCO came in Norway (2014), LT mentioned that the national regulations governing the operation of these planes would be honed towards NCO. That hasn’t happened, and I haven’t heard anything more of it. That doesn’t mean nothing is going to happen, but who knows. The old national regulations are OK IMO, short, to the point. The paper weight is probably less than 5% of Part NCO, and easy to find and easy to read Things will not become better with Part NCO, that’s for sure.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

LeSving wrote:

The old national regulations are OK IMO, short, to the point. The paper weight is probably less than 5% of Part NCO, and easy to find and easy to read Things will not become better with Part NCO, that’s for sure.

Wow! So the Norwegian private flight ops regulations are only 5 or so pages long, including explanatory material!? Amazing. (Of course this depends on the text size – I’ve used the “Easy Access” version of part-NCO.)

@LeSving, have you actually read part-NCO? Or do you only fly Annex I aircraft?

Of course I have read Part NCO. LT even had an online test/explanation thing when Part NCO started in 2014 in Norway.

I regularly fly EASA, Annex I (Cub and Safir (when it works)), UL (instructor) and experimental (not regularly as of yet).

That means in fact 4 different “NCOs” of all those, the EASA one is by far the most complex to get hold of. I mean in a practical sense.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

LeSving wrote:

I regularly fly EASA, Annex I (Cub and Safir (when it works)), UL (instructor) and experimental (not regularly as of yet). That means in fact 4 different “NCOs”

Too bad that Norway has separate ops regulations for experimentals — Sweden doesn’t. In Sweden after October 1st you would only need to keep track of 2 different “NCOs”. The real one, and the national rules for UL. I don’t see how that can be a bad thing.

of all those, the EASA one is by far the most complex to get hold of. I mean in a practical sense

I guess we have to agree to disagree on this one, but it would be nice if you could give an actual example.

24 Posts
Sign in to add your message