Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Pioneer 400

From here

If you want a Rotax 915 based, 4 seater, with maybe a smaller cockpit, less range but retractable gear, these guys say they intent to certify the Pioneer 400. It’s available now as experimental, like the TSI, but it might just be available soon without the experimental limitations of Europe.

https://m.facebook.com/pioneeraicraft/photos/a.238677892986569/1332651196922561/?type=3&source=48

EHLE, Netherlands

I think manufacturers are mad to run promotions on FB only. Lots of people with more than €1 are not even on FB

Actually I found the website.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I posted the FB link because the website, like so many, it’s more archeology than fresh news…. :-)

The dealer for Germany, Netherlands and others, that demoed the plane for the AOPA magazine is at http://www.pioneer-aircraft.de/?L=1
Still only mentions the 912 version, I think.

EHLE, Netherlands

The Pioneer 400 combines the excellent handling of the Pioneer 300 with the stability of a Cessna 172

Really? is the “stability of a Cessna 172” a good sales argument today?

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

The 915 version exists now, and the seller is not shy about flying it IFR despite being experimental. Too bad about that and the very limited baggage space, it otherwise looks to be a neat and frugal 4-seater.

ESMK, Sweden

Arne wrote:

The 915 version exists now, and the seller is not shy about flying it IFR despite being experimental. Too bad about that and the very limited baggage space, it otherwise looks to be a neat and frugal 4-seater.

before I bought my aircraft, I looked at the 400 and took a test flight, was disappointed with the seats – no upper back / shoulder / head supports. Also, the performance with retractable gear was maybe 10 knots faster than my current plane with fixed gear – why would you accept a system which can lead to complications in landing – either due to forgetfulness or mechanical failure – for an additional 10 knots true airspeed?

Also, the luggage compartment was relatively limited. On the plus side – you could see if the nose wheel was down due to the small window looking forwards and down in the middle of the plane, underneath the dash….

EDL*, Germany
6 Posts
Sign in to add your message