Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Experimental 6 Seater

Easy question that I’ve spent hours, possibly days researching and have not been able to satisfy yet.
What six seat experimental aircraft are out there that are as good as the great four seaters?

My digging has resulted in a few discoveries, but none of them are like a Vans RV-10 or Lancair 235 with six seats…
The list so far (glad to have comments about any of these)

RAI 6
Kestrel (8 seater)
Bearhawk 5 (pics)
Comp Air 6
Comp Air 7
Synergy (not yet available)
Epic Aircraft
Stallion
Thrust Aircraft (India)
Stratos (Jet)
Griffon Lionheart (not sold)

can any of them legally fly in Europe?
I know that in the UK non-TC a/c are limited to either 2 or 4 seats.

EGTR

arj1 wrote:

can any of them legally fly in Europe?
The compair CA-8 that crashed a few years ago in Finland was OH-reg..
EETU, Estonia

I think it is country dependent.
In France, those would probably under the CNRA regime, and can only have 4 seats maximum (pilot included).

LFOU, France

UK too. I’m not sure whether there should be such things as uncertified airliners. Some of the aircraft on the list are being developed under an experimental regime with a view to later certification.

Thanks everyone.
4 seater it is then…

Maybe in France you could buy an older Annexe 1 6 seater which could be operated under the Certificate of Navigation Collection (can’t remember the exact category).
Some groups use the category to operate aircraft like the DC3. Collectors aircraft come in all shapes and sizes.

France

You mean CNRAC ?
Their flying is pretty restricted AFAICT (in France only, etc…)

LFOU, France

I am sure someone can make replicas of the Boussards, I come across one flying regularly between UK/France not sure if it is on CoFA or PtF from EASA/CAA/LAA…

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

CNRAC, that’s the one. I think it has the same basic restrictions, as experimentals, when it comes to flying outside France, but there is more freedom in areas like the number of seats etc..

France
14 Posts
Sign in to add your message