Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Part NCO for Annex I (Annex II)

Finally LT in Norway is going to incorporate Part NCO also for Annex I aircraft. The regulation is on a hearing now. As I understand the whole of Europe has already done this ? I know Sweden and UK has done this at least.

Lots of stuff in Part NCO simply makes no sense for non certified aircraft, as it is written. I would like to know how different countries has done this. Which changes and adaptions has been done and so on.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

LeSving wrote:

Lots of stuff in Part NCO simply makes no sense for non certified aircraft, as it is written. I would like to know how different countries has done this. Which changes and adaptions has been done and so on.

The Swedish Transport Agency has published a national regulation about this. The actual changes and adaptions in that regulation are very few – in all they take about one page of text. You can read it here.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

I wonder what this is leading to?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Thanks AA. That makes me wonder if LT has read Part NCO at all

In particular NCO.IDE.A.100 where it say:

Instruments and equipment required by this Subpart shall be approved in accordance with the
applicable airworthiness requirements if they are:

What are the “applicable airworthiness requirements” for UL and experimentals ? Stuff like that. Reading the GMs it becomes even weirder.

ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

LeSving wrote:

What are the “applicable airworthiness requirements” for UL and experimentals ?

It is what the national authority has decided for UL and experimentals!

Just because it is an UL or experimental doesn’t mean that there are no rules.

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 27 Sep 16:21
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Airborne_Again wrote:

It is what the national authority has decided for UL and experimentals!

Precisely, and there are no airworthiness requirement for a particular instrument to be “approved” in accordance with. There are are specific requirements for performance (radio, transponder, IFR avionics), but that has nothing to do with airworthiness. Airworthiness of the aircraft is a function of initial tests, and subsequent tests after modifications/repair, and that may very well be replacement of one altimeter with another (both being un-certified).

ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway
6 Posts
Sign in to add your message