Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

PH-reg experimental

But, what is wrong with Portogal? He wants to build an experimental, but want it to be PH-reg. Why? and why not register/build it in Portugal?

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Ah yes ok I didn’t read the OP properly

Someone needs to dig out the Portugese CAA regs on what they will accept. @lmsl1967 @goncaloareia and others may have some pointers.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

France blocked foreign reg homebuilts from being based there from 2018.

Not entirely true. Foreign reg homebuilts already operating in France had a choice: 1) stay on the foreign reg and leave France once every 28 days, which is just not practical. Inevitably, you’ll get caught out by this rule sooner or later, and find yourself flying without insurance. Or, 2) go through the rather lengthy and laborious process of getting on the French register – problem solved. (Note: option only available to foreign reg. homebuilts already in France).

Bordeaux

I’m urgently shopping around for the best EU reg for my RV7A, currently on the Italian reg. Requirements are: 1) ifr approval (does anybody have a complete list of EU-regs allowing experimental ifr?), 2) EU reg, meaning the plane should not be deemed exported for vat purposes (this rules out UK and maybe Norway?), 3) easy bureaucracy e.g. no need for frequent inspector visits when plane is abroad (I understand Dutch-reg was the best but they stopped accepting foreign-built/based planes few months ago). 4) English-language (or French-language) friendly. How about Denmark?

Last Edited by mancival at 31 Jan 23:27
United Kingdom

For IFR, this may be relevant. Getting IFR approval for the aircraft is one thing (for Annex 1 this is more likely in the form of getting the “VFR only” restriction removed) but you need airspace approval too and that is harder. One pilot who got his RV IFR approved reported getting approval from France but not from Germany, for example. He sold the plane before going further.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Thanks Peter: Sweden it is then. Anybody available (happy to pay a fee) to help me contact the Swedish register and get their (ifr-)PtF for my RV7A?

United Kingdom
16 Posts
Sign in to add your message