Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Junkers A50 replica

What a beauty.. How nice in a warm climate. Hmm..

https://www.flyer.co.uk/junkers-a50-junior-replica-available-from-april-2022/

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

aart wrote:

How nice in a warm climate. Hmm..

go for it Aart
Yep, beautiful “art deco” shape, a sexy (hopefully wifey doesn’t read this…) little machine!

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

I really like the concept of bringing old designs back to life and improving them. This one looks nice, I would consider as my “second airplane” for those nice summer evenings. :)

ESSZ, Sweden

for those nice summer evenings

Kinda same league as the more modern FK14 Le Mans Owner Report

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

A friend has an FK14 and I’ve been fortunate to fly it a few times. A very nice machine, and sitting outside is indeed quite fun! But the owner in the above owner report is honest about the fact that with the cabrio set-up, the visibility is indeed restricted. Not being able to see the other side of the instrument panel is awkward. And also you lose quite a bit of downward visibility, which must also be the case in the Junkers.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Certainly looks cool. But:

• not aerobatics
  • The Rotax iS
  • Looks like lots and lots of (literally unnecessary) handycraft, which is just fine, except it’s a Swizz company: The price tag will be premium indeed (€300k +)
The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

LeSving wrote:

not aerobatics
The Rotax iS

That is not a limiting factor for me.

LeSving wrote:

Looks like lots and lots of (literally unnecessary) handycraft, which is just fine, except it’s a Swizz company: The price tag will be premium indeed (€300k +)

That is not correct. According to Flyer it will “only” cost 179 000 Euros including VAT as an introductory price which is way lower than many new aircraft introduced to the market. I find it hard to believe that they will increase that to 300k+ with the standard price.

ESSZ, Sweden

€ 175k is at the very top price range for ULs. This is perhaps not all that important for everyone, but you pay a lot for fake nostalgia with this aircraft IMO. There is nothing else this plane has to offer except nostalgia.

A bit strengthened, +6 -3 g, an ULPower 350A, and this aircraft would be fun IMO.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway
8 Posts
Sign in to add your message