Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

LAA Permit Aircraft stationed abroad

Can anybody find a regulation which the LAA can use to stop this?

LAA aircraft is not at all my field of expertise but surely if you present an aircraft to an LAA inspector and he passes it, he has no power to control where it then flies to and how much time it spends there.

One problem with aviation are all the chinese whispers that go round, and the internet has simply made them travel much faster and with a much bigger spread.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Jan,

the contact would be a big help,

thank you very much.

Pavel

Peter – there is a regulation that could be used. PtF aeroplane paperwork contains conditions limiting them to UK airspace, then there’s a blanket exemption that that somewhere which says “actually, you can fly abroad all you like, so long as local authorities give permission”.

So technically CAA could withdraw that exemption in whole or part. That said, so far as I know they never have, and have shown no intention to ever do so.

G

Boffin at large
Various, southern UK.

the contact would be a big help,

Pavel, excuse this delayed response. The owner’s address is available from G-INFO database, I suggest you write an old-fashioned paper letter (in English).
Both the G-xxxx owner/operator and myself are irregular visitors of the field, especially in these days of poor weather, so I cannot count on meeting him anywhere soon. If I do, I promise I’ll tell about you and your queries, and ask for an e-mail address.

[edited on OP’s request]

Last Edited by Peter at 14 Apr 08:49
EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Jan – this is very kind of you. I sent the letter to the owner. Thank you.

Peter – you are right. The response of the LAA official could be just an attitude without legal background. I went through the available legal documents at LAA website and they state that LAA activities do not have any geographical boundaries. At the same time, LAA can decide freely what to do and what not. I will keep investigating.

At the moment I see three options:
1) To succeed with LAA (preferred)
2) To use services of UK based trustee
3) To register the aircraft at Czech CAA.

Does anyone know off the top of their head if I could give instruction in permit aircraft? Or rent them out? (Doesn’t matter if F-, G- or PH- ) For a possible Project the rebuilt costs would drastically reduce then. The plane would be stationed in Germany then.

Thanks,

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

In the UK you can only give instruction to the owner of a permit aircraft AIC 1/2011

Note:
Training for the initial issue of an NPPL, PPL, CPL, IMC Rating, Instrument Rating or other ‘ab initio’ training is not permitted. The
intention is to allow individuals to pay for training that enables them to regain currency, renew a licence, learn a new skill (such as
short field landings) or become familiar with a new type etc

You cannot lease a Permit Aircraft in the UK because it does not meet the required airworthiness standards.

Oh thank you a lot! We just abandoned the project anyway as we saw it in the real world. Seems some people tend to overestimate the quality of some junk if they want to get rid of it … But that’s an other story…

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

Sorry about the thread drift but I fly a PH-reg aircraft that is based in Spain. My CAMO takes care of all the Dutch airworthiness paperwork without any Dutch official ever seeing the aircraft. Isn’t this topic covered by some EASA rule?

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

My CAMO is Spanish

Private field, Mallorca, Spain
Sign in to add your message