Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

LAA Permit Aircraft stationed abroad

If you’ve posted on the LAA forum then you will of course have had to use your real name and not a pseudonym

How do they enforce that?

There are many forums like that but all that happens is that everybody on them who has an unusual name (and is thus easily traceable) and e.g. runs a business etc is called John Smith Loads of people on the Socata owners’ group have made-up names.

The ones where you can’t do that are ones where you have to pay with a credit card… I used to hate that about the old (and thankfully long gone) Compu$erve where if you posted anything controversial you would get repercussions. I recall a debate on ISO9000 after which some pompous ISO9000 dick tried to get my ISO registration re-audited… thankfully I didn’t have one

Forums where people really have to use full names are useless except for totally banal stuff. And if they are “private” that changes nothing because anybody can join up, read past postings, and threaten legal action. Seen that too… happened on one well known UK “private forum”.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Hello,

sorry, i (who brought up this topic) am on holiday and had no chance to be online for days.

The problem is not the inspector. The inspector who services this aircraft travels to Germany since years.
I assume that the LAA will just refuse to renew the permit.

I’m so curious about the answers in the LAA forum and the reply of the LAA to the e-mail from europaxs.

I have bought the aircraft from a german. The aircraft is based in Germany since almost 20 years…

Last Edited by flieger39 at 28 Aug 07:46

flieger39 wrote:

I assume that the LAA will just refuse to renew the permit.

Could it be they have received a letter from the German authorities? I just find it hard to believe that the LAA being an organisation by pilots/builders for pilots/builders would make life difficult for people unless they are being pressured by someone. This, combined with the typical british way of being secret and whispery about official business?

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

For sure not.
The German LBA has absolutely no problems with that. I talked to them before i bought the aircraft.

Last Edited by flieger39 at 29 Aug 09:26

Surely they (LAA) must give you a reason if you ask? Try sending a letter to the UK CAA to see if there are some stops there. I mean, you have nothing to lose if the LAA refuses.

Last Edited by LeSving at 29 Aug 09:45
The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

This may be relevant.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
86 Posts
Sign in to add your message