Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Blackshape

Sure I can. Designing, developing and building an aircraft is anything, but cheap. If you don’t want to sink large fortunes into the aircraft, you have to be reasonable priced.

There is no such thing as a cheap high-tech aircraft.

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

And it is new (well demo).

You could buy a mint condition TB20GT with TKS

But you can’t buy a new one. And for some people they want brand new and are prepared to pay a premium for it.

Last Edited by JasonC at 31 Aug 22:24
EGTK Oxford

Also, even though the sales price is high (indeed far too high for my liking, for a demonstrator), the cost of operation will be only a fraction of a TB20’s.

As for the medical requirements: they would depend on the “class” one can register the plane in. I should think that in most countries one can’t register it at all, for lack of certification.

Last Edited by at 01 Sep 05:35
EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

You could buy a mint condition TB20GT with TKS

Why would I spend 158k€ on a used TB20 when I can get a Cessna 340 or Beech Baron for that money?

If you are in the market for a tandem seater with good looks, I have something that is waaaay sexier – and cheaper to buy, although surely not to maintain .

Link

LOAN Wiener Neustadt Ost, Austria

Why do you want to look straight down, dublinpilot?

To see the scenery, take picture without a wing or cowling in the way, and occasionally to look for traffic.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

My comment regarding the price was really based on the costs of other Rotax engines designs, which tend to come out around €80-100k. They tend to all be very similar, with similar equipment. This one is a lot more and I wonder what one gets for it. The speed is no more than a TB20 (or many other things) and being an “ultralight” the comfort level is going to be really basic. Many of them don’t even have any real padding on the seats, so not apparently suitable for going places which this sort of price level would suggest it was intended for.

As regards high/low wing I have flown in both and on balance prefer low wing. One can get plenty good enough photos, and one doesn’t lose sight of stuff when doing a steep turn.

Last Edited by Peter at 01 Sep 08:54
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
My comment regarding the price was really based on the costs of other Rotax engines designs, which tend to come out around €80-100k.

That’s the low end, a better microlight like a WT9 Dynamic easily exceeds 140k€.

a better microlight like a WT9 Dynamic

Off course, “better” differs with your evaluation parameters…

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

and one doesn’t lose sight of stuff when doing a steep turn.

How many steep turns do you perform on average per flying hour The pilot of this aeroplane here will probably see a little of the landscape under him, but the backseater (passenger or instructor) sees absolutely nothing. He is embedded halfway inside the rear fuselage, to the sides there are only wings to be seen and straight ahead he can look at the backside of his pilot. Passengers are reluctant enough to fly on such light aeroplanes and flying blind will not make them more enthusiastic.

EDDS - Stuttgart
Sign in to add your message