Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Welcome to our forums

International overflight permissions and privileges for microlights / ultralights / UL / ULM

Sure; what I was saying is that some people spent the money without knowing the legal limitations.

That’s 100% true.

Last Edited by jvdo at 20 Feb 11:12
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

New rules regarding overflight permission in Spain for ULM’s and experimentals. Highlights:

It is now not longer needed to get a Permit To Fly. It’s done on the basis of a declaration by the pilot (plus a copy of his license and proof of airworthiness /permit to fly of the craft). This declaration needs to be sent by snail mail two weeks before the date of entry. You will receive an acknowledgement of receipt. You declare that you will abide by the applicable rules of the air, and that the craft has not been in Spain for more than 6 months in any year and that it will not be in Spain for more than 6 months in the running year. Maximum number of declarations: 6 per year. The information of false facts is punishable with fines of upto 90 k.

Further info and form:

Private field, Mallorca, Spain
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Yep. As I said previously… all those Germans now buying themselves one of those 150k 600kg ULMs (the VL3 seems to be very much en vogue) will need to get a permit
(or “a validation of their foreign airwirthiness document”) before they fly into France according to this. Of course, in practice, almost nobody will do that.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 01 Oct 06:33
Mainz (EDFZ), Germany

Sure; you then just get into the old debate of whether your insurance is valid. I don’t know the answer to that, but normally aviation policies say the flight must be legal.

The perhaps more interesting debate is why this is happening. There is a gradual tightening of the ability to base a “foreign reg” non-CofA plane somewhere. But in this case it is overflight too so a lot more draconian.

Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
26 Posts
Sign in to add your message

Back to Top