Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Osprey 2 registration issue

A friend and me think about to buy a Osprey 2. The airplane was a N-Regestration Experimentel and changed to a Italien UL Regestration. This looks a littel bit “scary” for us, so we would like to change to PH Experimentel or N. Have anybody any experince with this Type and/or Regestration task?

Tanks

EDAZ

Gulps! You got baggage problems in your C210?

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

That’s an Osprey. T/S mentions an Osprey 2 . What tanks have to do with it is a bit unclear to me, though , those would go better in the Osprey as pictured.

Regarding the Osprey 2, there is one in Ireland, on an EI-registration, I think I saw its pilot/owner on some forum but perhaps not this one.

Last Edited by at 13 Jul 15:36
EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

With any experimental type, you really need to be registering and gaining approval from your local authorities.
There have been a few Ospreys approved in Europe and the design seems to be well proven, so a well constructed example that doesn’t significantly deviate from plans should be suitable for local approval.

Registration is relatively straight forward as it merely means just cancelling the old registration and applying for a new one from your local authority.

Gaining approval to fly, you should consult someone familiar with the requirements of your local authority to ensure that the particular aircraft is suitable.

KHWD- Hayward California; EGTN Enstone Oxfordshire, United States

@Mark_1 That is quit easy, the only possibility to get a kitplane into the german register is, that it must be build in germany! We are out at this point :-)

EDAZ

Mooney_Driver wrote:

Gulps! You got baggage problems in your C210?

Was my first thought too! These things, btw, make the most incredible noise, literally earth-shaking.

This is the solution for the baggage und car Problem http://www.planecheck.com?ent=da&id=31693

EDAZ

the only possibility to get a kitplane into the german register is, that it must be build in germany

That is true in some other places too. I recall hearing it about France (a dismantling of at least 51%, and a re-assembly, is required to go on the F-reg) though I don’t recall ever seeing the reference for it.

Whether one can put a homebuilt onto the US (N) register in Europe I don’t know. I recall it came up here recently though. @Silvaire or @Michael might know whether it is practical.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Whether one can put a homebuilt onto the US (N) register in Europe I don’t know.

Given that it was built as an FAA Experimental, then put on the Italian UL register (not the I-register), the first thing I would do is check the N-number on the FAA Website and determine whether the plane was deregistered or just reported as sold.

That is really really smart advice

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
24 Posts
Sign in to add your message