Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

RV-10

Congratulations, building an aircraft of this quality is very impressive. Looks like a perfect personal tourer – all you need is an RV-8 as an aerobatic companion.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

The RV-14 in tailwheel configuration looks superb. Also monocoque construction. Not a four seater though, but 170KTAS, aerobatic and all on 210HP.

They seem incredibly well designed.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

The first French-built RV-10 is near completion at LFPN:
jetphotos link

LFOU, France

yep, these RV-10s are very good machines. We have 2 on my field (LSZF is an RV nest: 1x -8, 3x -7A, 1x -7, 1x -6.9, 1x -8, and the 2 mentioned -10, + we have the only single seater Panther (pseudo -3) in Europe). Real four seaters with impressive performance.

PS
As to why most French homebuilts first fly with no paint remains a mystery to me… these RV’s are series built homebuilts, not prototypes, and I sure know from experience that if one RV is assembled and rigged according the plans and instructions, it will fly like an RV, and doesn’t need any fiddling…

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

It’s mainly because 1) we Frenchies are broke and 2) most are painted after the test flying phase at Aerostyll in Lezignan and most RVs are not built in Lezignan and are faster by air than by road

LFOU, France

Thanks @Jujupilote.
Not sure about #1
But know well about #2… still doesn’t make any sense regarding the amount of work involved as in flight testing and documenting (if done at all…) an incomplete airplane, flying it to Lezigan, having it disassembled for painting, then painted, then re-assembled, and then hopefully re-weighed, re-flight-tested and the control surfaces re-balanced as required.
All whilst enjoying all the necessary paperwork (repeat: if done at all…)

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland
16 Posts
Sign in to add your message