Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Belgium now open to homebuilts

They have finally stopped their stupid process of making us apply and pay a fee!

Anyone got any good destination recommendations (with customs)?

EGKL, United Kingdom

That’s great news @carlmeek
Do you have a link for that information by chance?

EDLE

I have a press release as well an official document (only in flemish/french) in my mailbox, if someone knows how I can put this on this forum please let me know.

@carlmeek
There are many nice small airfields, depends a little bit what you are looking for. But not that many with customs. I believe EBOS (Ostend) may be the obvious choice coming from UK. The big airfields have customs, but are not as much fun I guess. Except if you want to visit a city like Bruges (via EBOS).

Maybe you’d want to visit EBLE (Leopoldsburg) during fly-in on 1st july they made lots of arrangements for visiting aircraft.

http://efleva-days.eu/

EBTN, EBST, Belgium

Email it to me and I will upload it.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

There are two PDFs – here and here and this is the covering email

Administrator

There appears to be more to this story.

Factory built aircraft are mostly excluded. The exceptions are: designed before 1955 and built before 1975.

Administrator

When did factory built aircraft become homebuilt aircraft?

Homebuilt aircraft have recently got a more strict, or better defined definition. It has to be 51% built “at home” or at least 200 h.

All homebuilt aircraft is registered as experimental aircraft in Norway, but experimental aircraft may also include other stuff. Vintage aircraft are not necessarily experimental (or homebuilt), but there is a different exemption for them, also made by EFLEVA.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Peter wrote:

Factory built aircraft are mostly excluded. The exceptions are: designed before 1955 and built before 1975.

That probably defines at least 90% of permit-to-fly factory built aircraft – I’d say factory built permit aircraft are mostly included, based on that definition.

Andreas IOM
8 Posts
Sign in to add your message