Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Changing horses..

Haha, I was going to suggest that, but did not want to appear insulting. Well, you can always leave these in the aircraft of course

Last Edited by aart at 08 May 06:46
Private field, Mallorca, Spain

I was looking at the Bristell website for the B23, and noticed this:

Can anybody enlighten me on this “IFR MCR upgrade”

ESMK, Sweden

I’ll try to find out

aart wrote:

Maybe if the “blocks” were easily removable there would not be a need for certification?

Or maybe attach blocks to the shoes (probably a bit cheaper than buying the shoes in #192) :-) I don’t think EASA have quite got to the stage just yet where they demand certification for the pilot’s footwear or other clothing!

Andreas IOM

Arne wrote:

I was looking at the Bristell website for the B23, and noticed this:

Can anybody enlighten me on this “IFR MCR upgrade”

The upgrade costs 40k€ plus tax and moves away from the G3X to G500 Txi. I had some additional info somewhere, need to find it again…..

edited to add the full IFR avionics upgrade:

Garmin G500TXi Glass Cockpit with 2 × 10,6" screens
Garmin GTN 650 GPS/NAV/COM/MFD
Garmin GNC 255A NAV/COM
Garmin GTX 345R Mode S Transponder / ADS-B
Garmin GI 275 Attitude Indicator
Garmin GMC 507 Autopilot
Bendix/King DME KN63

This replaces the standard avionics which are:

L 3 ESI-500 Next Generation Electronic Standby Instrument System
Garmin GNC 255A NAV/COM
Garmin G3X Glass Cockpit with 2 × 10,6" Screens
Garmin GTX 345 Mode S Transponder / ADS-B
Garmin GMC 305 Autopilot

Last Edited by Steve6443 at 12 Jul 20:55
EDL*, Germany

So the Bristell is IFR-able?
Is it the first Rotax 2 seater that is IFR approved?

Looks like they beat the Elixir?!

always learning
LO__, Austria

Tried out the 912 B23 demonstrator at EDFV today (as I‘m also „pregnant“ with the B23).
The version with the 915 is now called „B23 Turbo“ and should receive its full certification before the end of the year.
According to Hans Biedert (the German distributor) the IFR variant is almost finalized and the certification process is going well so far, even though it will likely take “a few more months” to complete.

Apparently the B23 sells very nicely.
According to Hans they are now at build number 67, which is quite remarkable for such a young aircraft in this space.
Also, the lead times have increased to about 10 months at this point.
So, if you order a B23 Turbo IFR today (for ca. 260 KEUR plus VAT) you won’t get it before Jul/Aug 2022 and by then it should be fully certified…

EDTF

Steve6443 wrote:

Garmin G500TXi Glass Cockpit with 2 × 10,6" screens
Garmin GTN 650 GPS/NAV/COM/MFD
Garmin GNC 255A NAV/COM
Garmin GTX 345R Mode S Transponder / ADS-B
Garmin GI 275 Attitude Indicator
Garmin GMC 507 Autopilot
Bendix/King DME KN63

Mathias wrote:

B23 Turbo IFR for ca. 260 KEUR plus VAT

Fair deal, no?

ESMK, Sweden

That engine really gives the aircraft some great climb and runway performance and a good cruise speed. However, the engine is a lot thirstier than the 912 Rotax, so with the same 120 liter tanks the range suffers a bit. The ample payload capability has remained roughly the same, because the extra weight of the 915 engine is compensated by the deletion of a counterbalance weight that is installed way forward in the engine compartment in the 912 version..

No prop nor airframe anti-ice of course..

aart wrote:

However, the engine is a lot thirstier than the 912 Rotax, so with the same 120 liter tanks the range suffers a bit

This fully depends on how you use it of course. This summer I we compared to WT9 with 912is and Vl3 with 915is and at the same settings / speed the consumption was the same.

Next month I’ll drop off a friend from the flying club at the Bristell factory to pickup his new Bristell UL. I’ll try to post some pictures.

EBMO, EBKT
Sign in to add your message