Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Changing horses..

“110 kts with 100 hp is an outstanding performance”
112kts IAS cruise with an O200, empty 435kg with spats on, 750kg AUW.
1960-65 wood-and-fabric Jodel DR1050. (Rebuilt over 50 years ago from two wrecked aircraft)
But only 4 hours endurance at that speed, low level.
Sold for £13,000 with “on condition” engine, and just 8.33 and Mode S

Last Edited by Maoraigh at 23 Oct 19:39
Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

That’s astonishing Maoraigh.
The reports I have for 1050s are more 90-100kts, for 25-35 k€ without mode S.

LFOU, France

She’s finally arrived here. It was a bit of a puzzle to find a window between weather and PCR tests. I finally decided to have the factory ferry her here to Mallorca.

Am enjoying her a lot. The empty weight (456 kg) is quite bit more than the UL version but the short field performance is good enough for the fields here. In summer I have to be careful I guess, but I have a couple of month ahead to lose some weight

The G3X avionics suite incl A/P is quite amazing. Not IFR on this aircraft, but much more functionality than the original G1000 otherwise. Well, it’s been 12 years of course.

I elected OKIDO as a call sign because it rolls of the tongue, sounds happy and has different meanings (all positive) in various idioms.

First X-country trip to Reus (LERS) last week. This means I’m back in the “real world”. So:
1. Have the service station mail LERS ops that I’m coming in for maintenance so as to avoid handling.
2. Filing a FPL. Skydemon, works flawlessy.
3. Once in Reus, having someone filling in 2 forms to get me off air-side and back..
4. Paying my fees on-line. Does work very well, a positive!

Enough babble, here’s some pics.

I just love sunrise departures:

Leaving the Northern mountain ridge out to the mainland:

Arriving Reus:

On the return leg:

Almost back home:

Entirely back home:

Last Edited by aart at 14 Feb 15:08
Private field, Mallorca, Spain

She looks gorgeous! Congratulations!!!

Judging the panel width (instruments plus autopilot plus circuit breakers) it looks a bit wider than DA42. Am I right?

Are you keeping her on Czech registry?

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Lovely! Great airplane and nice write up. Keep it coming!

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

aart wrote:

Not IFR on this aircraft

yet

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

Thanks Emir and Urs.
Yes, the panel is a bit wider than the DA42, as is the internal cabin width at 125 cm.
I’ll keep her on Cz-reg. They are more aviation-minded and less bureaucratic over there.
Indeed mh, not yet. But an IFR version would not be anti-iced I suppose. It would likely have the Rotax 915 turbo though, as an option no doubt.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Congratulations! I have also looked at the B23 for my aero club but at this point the investment was a bit too big for us. However, it looks like good value for the money and a very nice aircraft. The G3X and that autopilot seems to be the perfect avionics suite.

ESSZ, Sweden

Great to see your new plane Aart

And hopefully see you at Aero EDNY – we should both be vaccinated by then, one hopes

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Congratulations, looks awesome!
I see it has two ALTernators?
Ridiculous that one can’t fly IFR with this, compared to 50 year old designs with no glass cockpits.

Is the gps nav/autopilot integrated in the G3X?

always learning
LO__, Austria
Sign in to add your message