Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Flying the Lancair Evolution turboprop in Europe (production moved to Europe)

They may even start to certify it next…

Evolution Aircraft Emerges as Lancair Assets Offered for Sale

Last Edited by it_flies at 07 Aug 05:05
EHLE

Lancair asset sale thread here

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

From posts on the US Lancair forum, it turns out that this kit (S/N 10) was sold to a person in Russia who built it out there, and then sold it.

Administrator

Here is the original Russian builder – Alexander Ratkin/Rankin

I would imagine one needs good connections to operate GA in Russia usefully.

But he then sold it.

Administrator

They build all sorts of kit.

Funny enough they sell the Evolution under their own brand.

http://cetus.aero/catalog/evolution

Shorrick_Mk2 wrote:

Funny enough they sell the Evolution under their own brand.

As well as Vans RVs !

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

I posted a Q on the US Lancair forum (where a dealer posted that he sold this as a kit originally to Russia) quite a while ago, on the practicalities of building an Evolution in Russia (i.e. no factory assistance) but nobody replied.

Obviously Russia does have considerable aviation expertise, if you have the right contacts and facilities…

Administrator

Actually, having sold my 520 to Russia, they have a brilliant and simple system that every CAA should adopt: anything older than (I think) 40 years is automatically experimental. There’s actually a pretty thriving GA scene there. Two other Turbo Commanders I know of, one 680V and one 681, have also found their way over there and are flown by owners. Not sure how they regard a brand new experimental, but I’m sure there must be a way.

Do not know if this has been posted. I found it to be good reading:
http://www.x-plane.com/hardware/evo/evo.html

always learning
LO__, Austria

Austin is my kind of guy

The urban legend goes that there can never be an expensive homebuilt airplane because those that can afford to BUY the plane do not have time to BUILD it!

BS!

People that can afford to buy a plane like a Lancair Evolution DO have the time to take vacations, and building an Evolution is MORE fun than any vacation. I have learned so far that there IS something as fun as flying your own airplane: BUILDING it!
The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway
This thread is locked. This means you can't add a response.
Sign in to add your message