Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

UK LAA homebuilts - the procedure for buying (possibly importing) an already built one, and modification approvals

A MOD3 is only the initial proposal from which the LAA target is to give you a reply within one month. Once the MOD3’s are approved you will then have to submit the specific MOD, chapter and verse in every minute detail, depending on what it is you are installing/changing….Expect then another few months to get the specific MOD application ok’d, this will be dependant on how many questions they ask or queries that arise.
It took me 8months from start to finish to get a full Autopilot MOD approval.

Last Edited by alanr at 09 Jan 16:07

alanr wrote:

A MOD3 is only the initial proposal from which the LAA target is to give you a reply within one month. Once the MOD3’s are approved you will then have to submit the specific MOD, chapter and verse in every minute detail, depending on what it is you are installing/changing….Expect then another few months to get the specific MOD application ok’d, this will be dependant on how many questions they ask or queries that arise.

Actually I submitted MOD 2 forms for the initial agreement on what was proposed and the MOD 3 is the whole package. I do hope it doesn’t take 8 months as that’s even longer than an EASA STC administered and investigated from Cologne!

Avionics geek.
Somewhere remote in Devon, UK.

Yes sorry you are correct..( brain fade).LAA MOD2 is the intial proposal..then specific MOD 3…MOD7 or whatever specific MOD you are doing.
I lost the will to live over my Autopilot MOD taking so long although others I know have taken longer than 8months!…..

23 Posts
Sign in to add your message