Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Part owner of an aircraft (kit) factory?

You now have the opportunity to buy shares in something as exotic as a Norwegian aircraft kit factory. Its the Equator P2 Xcursion. an amphibious aircraft with hybrid propulsion (electric, diesel/gasoline).

I know very little about this myself, but received an email through EAA about this investing opportunity. I have known about the aircraft for a long time of course, but it’s not my cup of tea, so I haven’t paid much attention to it. It will be an experimental as I understand, they will be selling kits. They are also open for beta builders now, if anyone would like a go at it.

IMO it is:

• Advanced aero/hydro dynamics
  • Advanced and very complex propulsion system (hybrid electric with Wankel engine)
  • Looks kind of cool

I wish them the best of luck, maybe even put in a small sum

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Saw it at Aero. Roomy cockpit with amazing views. I’d be interested to invest and get one, but… seaplanes in Spain are fully legal, except when you land on water

Last Edited by aart at 28 Jun 19:22
Private field, Mallorca, Spain

It woud be cheaper and less stressful to burn the money you plan to invest. People should make their own decisions but I would suggest that niche aircraft manufacturers have not a hope of making investors money at this stage of development. Even Cirrus lost most of its investors’ money before the Chinese came in.

EGTK Oxford

It woud be cheaper and less stressful to burn the money you plan to invest.

I guess. But for stuff like this, return of money isn’t first priority.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

If you want to make a small fortune in aviation, best to start with a large one.

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

Looking at the wing position, has it been tested on water? I wonder about waves in a 3 knot wind.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

LeSving wrote:

I guess. But for stuff like this, return of money isn’t first priority.

But surely you want something for investing? Or is it charity?

EGTK Oxford

Getting one cheap..

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

I believe @pilot_dar and @mh are into seaplanes.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

To invest or become part owner are two different things…. as part owner you take part responsibility for what is most probably another project which will never make it into customers hands. Jason is right, rather burn the money in something worthwile.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland
15 Posts
Sign in to add your message