Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Non EASA aircraft - an exact definition?

Bellanca 14-19 Cruisemaster, living and flying somewhere in England Link This one maintained on N-register, normal category C of A.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 19 Nov 23:29

Interesting to compare the cruise speed, range, and load carrying capability of the 145(? memory) hp, retractable, Bellanca with the 100 hp, fixed UC, Jodel DR1050.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

UK to redefine Annex 1, EASA and non EASA types

The Aviation Safety (Amendment etc.) (EU Exit) Regulations 2019 – Schedule 1 amending the Air Navigation Order 2016.
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2019/645/schedule/1/made

You’ll see there the various changes, eg:
for “an EASA” substitute “a Part-21”
for “non-EASA” substitute “non-Part-21”

The regulation is made under the EUWA but it will not be in force until IP completion day (31 Dec 2020 at 2300z, but most likely to be pushed into 2021). Until then things remain as they were prior to the withdrawal from EU.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I have found a list of non EASA aircraft in UK CAA CAP747 local copy on page 31 of the PDF.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Only EASA would maintain a list of aircraft types certified somewhere, possibly in a country that no longer exists, that they don’t regulate…

@Maoraigh, in response to your long ago posted interest in Bellanca performance the aircraft pictured is a Cruisemaster, meaning it has either a 190 HP Lycoming or 230 HP Continental. The latter are a roughly 150 kt cruise speed aircraft. Earlier Bellanca versions used smaller six cylinder Franklin engines. They look the same but have proportionately lower performance.

Silvaire wrote:

Only EASA would maintain a list of aircraft types certified somewhere, possibly in a country that no longer exists, that they don’t regulate

And I find the wording “EASA product” incredibly arrogant, as if they had anything to do with the design of it.

Andreas IOM

Silvaire wrote:

Only EASA would maintain a list of aircraft types certified somewhere, possibly in a country that no longer exists, that they don’t regulate…

They do? Where have you seen such a list?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

The UK CAA link provided by Peter includes “Aircraft notified by EASA as ‘not transferred’ and which remain subject to regulation under National Procedures”

The paradigm of cataloging aircraft types not certified by European countries is equally odd. There is regardless no way I’d ever enter into any relationship via licensing or aircraft ownership with EASA or one of it its captive national CAAs. They give me the creeps.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 30 Jul 19:49

Silvaire wrote:

The UK CAA link provided by Peter includes “Aircraft notified by EASA as ‘not transferred’ and which remain subject to regulation under National Procedures”

The paradigm of cataloging aircraft types not certified by European countries is creepy. There is regardless no way I’d ever enter into any relationship via licensing or aircraft at ownership with EASA or one of it its captive national CAAs.

That’s not at all what the document says. The full passage you are quoting from reads:

“The list of aircraft given in Section 1, Part 2 of this CAP 747 shows aircraft types on the UK register in these last three categories and which have therefore been designated as “non-EASA aircraft”. The list also includes aircraft notified by EASA as “not transferred” and which remain subject to regulation under National Procedures.” (My emphasis.)

The list includes 14 aircraft models (of which actually some are variants of the same model) which have been “notified by EASA as ‘not transferred’” out of a total of some 5-600. The rest are aircraft on the UK register.

Really, I never cease to be surprised that some people are so convinced that EASA is evil that they grasp at every straw that seems to support their conviction.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Silvaire wrote:

In the following Tables the abbreviations “N” and “A” are used in the last column to signify:

N Aircraft notified by EASA as ‘not transferred’ and which remain subject to regulation under National Procedures;

A Aircraft classified as Annex I (non-EASA) aircraft.

I cut and pasted the text above directly from the link, top of page 31.

Happily, the chance of me ever having any interaction with EASA or its subordinates for any reason is precisely zero, and with good reason. Whether anybody else would be unconcerned by being subjected to their worldview is equally happily of no concern to me.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 30 Jul 20:19
Sign in to add your message