Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Norway - Weekly Season Card

I plan to fly to Norway / Northcape in June together with some other members of the European Bonanza Society.
On eddh.de I found some hints to the weekly season card of Avinor, the company that runs many airports in Norway.

On their website, I found the season card with and without parking (180€ and 550€).

What experiences have you made? Is the parking option necessary?

This will be the schedule:

Last Edited by chwinter at 08 Jan 17:42
EDMA, Germany

Have you found the VFR guide for Norway?
If you are a member of IAOPA it seems parking is free:

All aircraft parking on Avinor airports are
subject to parking charges, except aircraft
operated by flight schools and flying club
members ( AOPA/ IAOPA members included).
These aircraft are exempted provided
they are operated on a non-commercial
basis and have MTOM 2730 Kg or less.

Last Edited by pmh at 08 Jan 20:39
pmh
ekbr ekbi, Denmark

pmh wrote:

If you are a member of IAOPA it seems parking is free:

It is, in fact any ideal “club” or organisation connected to aviation. This doesn’t mean the persons you meet at the airport necessarily know this. The AIP is here:

https://www.ippc.no/ippc_ais/aic_a/EN_Circ_2015_A_002_en.pdf

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Yes, I am, member of AOPA Germany.
Great piece of information, thanks.

I’ve got the VFR Manual, but haven’t had the chance to read it completely.

EDMA, Germany

I flew to a number of airports in Norway last summer and did not pay a dime after LeSving made me aware of the AIC. Only at one airport did I get a question from an airport employee about whether I was a member of the Norwegian aeronautical sports federation NLF. I told them I was a member if the French federation and PPL/IR , and referred to the AIC. I never heard from them again.

I believe the airplane needs to be under a certain weight (2 t?) and engaged in non-commercial operations.

Some airports are not operated by Avinor, like ENTO Sandefjord Torp, and in those places you will have to pay reasonable fees for departure and parking.

LFPT, LFPN

pmh wrote:

and have MTOM 2730 Kg or less

which is quoted from I believe the VFR Guide to Norway.

tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

I would also investigate whether the exemption of landing/parking charges includes ENBR (Bergen Flesland) and ENGM (Oslo Gardermoen) . At least ENGM introduced some pretty high fees to keep light GA out at one point, but it may have changed.

I did much of my PPL training 20 y ago at ENGM before it became the main airport for Oslo, and regularly landed at ENFB (Oslo Fornebu) before it closed.

LFPT, LFPN

Aviathor wrote:

I would also investigate whether the exemption of landing/parking charges includes ENBR (Bergen Flesland) and ENGM (Oslo Gardermoen)

It does. But, both ENBR and ENGM requires full flight plan delivered one h in advance. ENGM is not a nice place for light GA with slot and fpl and whatnot. Sola/Stavanger is also planning to implement full flight plan, I hope they reconsider.

ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

I have been to Gardermoen and only have a positive experience. Flightplan filing should nowadays not be a problem and just a call ahead for a slot is not an issue.

EDLE, Netherlands

AeroPlus wrote:

I have been to Gardermoen and only have a positive experience. Flightplan filing should nowadays not be a problem and just a call ahead for a slot is not an issue.

Maybe, but there is more fuzz going to Gardermoen than going to ENOL (a military field with fighters from all over NATO buzzing around). Besides, Kjeller and Starmoen are much nicer for GA

ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway
22 Posts
Sign in to add your message