Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Note on EDWI approach chart

Ref AIP AD 2 EDWI 4-6-1:

“Procedure not to be used during activity of NLFS between JJ1 and HJ2”.

I found that NLFS is short for “Night Low Flying System”, but cannot find any reference to JJ1 or HJ2 in the German AIP. Does anyone here know how these codes should be interpreted or better, where they are documented?

ENKJ, Norway

You´ll find it in the MIL AIP , ENR 6 (charts).

EDFE, EDFZ, KMYF, Germany

Thanks, Caba.

Hopefully activation of NLFS will be in NOTAMs for EDWI?

ENKJ, Norway

It will be NOTAMed. But not for the aerodrome. Only for the FIR (EDWW).

Anyway, If going by the regular closing times of the airport (17:00h local in winter), the only times when you will do any night approaches at night in EDWI will be in December and early January. So, almost a year to go until you might encounter that problem…

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

For a good pictoral overview, the DFS offers the web-based airspace use plan webAUP without registration. It shows airspace reservations for the current and following day.
Note that you can change the map display from the standard (Open Street Maps) to the German ICAO Chat.

If you have further questions regarding EDWI or the general area, feel free to contact me!

EDXN, ETMN, Germany

Thanks. We are planning to depart from Kjeller, Oslo (ENKJ) on May 28th (weather permitting), with a stopover in Wilhelmshaven before going to Shoreham (EGKA) on May 29th. We will fly around the channel coast area the following week.

ENKJ, Norway

On that day, hopefully, I’ll be in Annecy for the meetup.

For the further flight along the coastline (if you plan to do that VFR) please note the new Transponder Mandatory Zone as depicted in this document.

It is labelled as temporary until end of March, but since that’s the publication date of the 2020 German ICAO Chart, it will then most probably be published as permanent feature.
It’s no big deal, but just to let you know.
SD already shows it.

EDXN, ETMN, Germany
7 Posts
Sign in to add your message