Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

NTSB/FAA beginning to talk the talk

In my view the US system is superb, and should, in the majority of areas, be the global lead. However, the world is changing, with, certainly over the past decade, politicians keeping the general population 'in fear'. This, ultimately, has a negative effect, particularly in our pursuits and taken for granted freedoms. Aviation, has been hit hard, particularly in commercial operations, with the zealots pushing ever more weird and wonderful security at the travelling public, who lap this up, in true sheep fashion.

If political animals, out to make an ever growing name for themselves, catch a thread, then danger may well lurk to curb those well fought for freedoms.

Over the past months, there have been a number of well publicised GA crashes, each a tragedy, which involve 'new light jets'. This is precisely one of the areas that Hersman is highlighting, with a blur between possible commercial and GA areas of activity.

If ever the US needed AOPA, and other lobbyists, I feel it is now, and I am sure this is felt within the US itself

Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

As an Australian who has not lived there for 12 years, I think the culture is somewhat between the US and Europe. Aviation is certainly a very bureaucratic area of government though. Australia wants to be like the US but probably can't overcome the inbuilt fear that people should be protected from themselves.

EGTK Oxford
12 Posts
Sign in to add your message