Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

NVFR France / Belgium: "over" Holland?

Next week I’m intending to be flying around the UK, then returning via Jersey, to round the week off I am considering flying NVFR from Jersey back to (eg) EDLP. The question is: AIP ENR 1.2 for Holland says that:

3.1 Restrictions
VFR flights shall not be operated:
a. Outside the uniform daylight period (UDP)

Which is basically a pain in the Ar5e if I’m not allowed to overfly Holland. I thought I’d read somewhere that this exception to SERA was being withdrawn from July this year but the AIPs read clearly NO. So it looks like I’ll have to divert below Maastricht.

Whilst on the topic of Night flying in Belgium and France, any body got any hints or tips with regards my return flight? My thoughts are to file for +/- 4500 feet….

EDL*, Germany

No night VFR in The Netherlands. Plans to allow it have been dropped for the time being

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Great idea !
We need more NVFR travellers !

Given the sunset time nom, I assume you will fly after 2200L.
After leaving Jersey, you will be in Brest FIS sector. Per NOTAM, they close at 1830Z. Deauville closes at 1800Z. You may contact Rennes Info which is H24 but they will leave you before Caen LFRK (and their radio coverage in this area is poor). No problem, your FPL will be activated by Jersey, you may continue on your own.
Then you’ll be in Paris FIS sector. They close at SS+30 (very useful indeed )
Next frequency would be Rouen (depends on the day of the week) or Beauvais (always very helpful for NVFR traffic, even far from their TMA, they close when the last Ryanair has landed).
Beauvais will hand you off to Lille FIS which is H24 and will lead you to Belgium.

Hope it helps.
Enjoy our NVFR freedom !

LFOU, France

In Belgium: Oostende might be open H24 as well as Lille. Antwerp is not open H24 from what I remember.

EDLE, Netherlands

Steve6443 wrote:

I thought I’d read somewhere that this exception to SERA
It’s not an exception to SERA. SERA leaves it to the national authorities to determine if night VFR is permitted or not. But if it is, then SERA rules for night VFR apply.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden
5 Posts
Sign in to add your message