Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Oban EGEO 14 August 2016

Heading up coast to Oban

Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

Sunday I’ll be towing gliders, too bad, it’s a meet up within an easy day trip, even at 90 knots :-)

Andreas IOM

It would have been great to meet up for lunch there. I had the impression that a lot of people here fly up there. I wonder where @Maoraigh is based? He’s done some videos of flights up there.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

@Peter, Sorry I can’t make it either this weekend or next. Other cats to whip…

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

Aircraft Group owned at Inverness. 55 miles from my home. Don’t know availability, as new 8.33 being fitted this week, by Group member, free of charge. And there’s a Fly-in at Easter, in Ross-shire, which the other guys will want the plane at. Oban is my regular refuel stop, and very helpful and friendly.
You could get O of H on the ground. Glenforsa has hotel on airfield, and has no closing time. (No lights)

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

Stunning scenery. Will post more later.

Administrator

I think that G-TYNE is owned by a Geordie who keeps a boat at Oban…now that’s living the dream!

YPJT, United Arab Emirates

We had lunch with him and his wife today. Really great people

I have never flown for so many hours at such low level as today

Wr got a load of great pics but they will need processing due to the overcast skies.

Administrator

Believe it or not, I had a 1 hour 23 minute soaring flight off the winch in a glider under that same overcast sky! It was a really weird day.

Andreas IOM

Of course, today the wx is great

But I got loads of good pics and some great external camera footage

In a way, however, I am happy it wasn’t CAVOK because on my flight back from Weston to Shoreham this morning, as I descended from FL110 to below the bits of white fluff around 3000ft, it got damn rough, and apart from being shaken around, no decent photography would have been possible.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message