Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Only bank holiday weekend flying

A circular route from Oxford to Scotland and back this evening. At least I am not paying for the fuel. Will be over an overcast so not exactly scenic either.

EGTK Oxford

Well I have to say that my concerns about a boring flight were unfounded. While I landed where I began the flight, after breaking out we had a lovely flight on top and after Manchester the weather cleared below for some nice views. No matter where you are going or why (in this case a flight test), it is wonderful to climb above all the murk and be in bright sunshine.

http://www.ing-golze.de/users/tracks/288875262083900735.html

Edinburgh from FL380

Landed after 2.2 hours. We made it as far as Fort WIlliam. London and Scottish were very good.

Last Edited by JasonC at 02 May 22:00
EGTK Oxford

Nice excursion. It is said that rumours of bad wx north of the border are only a local plot to keep the Sassenachs out .

You said London and Scottish were helpful. Did you manage without filing Eurocontrol?

NeilC
EGPT, LMML

NeilC wrote:

You said London and Scottish were helpful. Did you manage without filing Eurocontrol?

No essentially they were helpful in telling me how to file it. In spite of a circular route with no intention to land I filed to Stornoway. And a return flight from there. Only way to get an IFR flight into the system as otherwise you are limited by the London group airports to London group airports altitude cap.

EGTK Oxford
4 Posts
Sign in to add your message