Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

OPS regulations for Annex I (formerly Annex 2) aircraft

What’s the basis for applying Part-NCO to Annex I aircraft? The implementing rules made under the Air Operations Regulation exist to ensure compliance with the essential requirements for air operations applied to certain aircraft regulated by the Basic Regulation. The Basic Regulation however excludes from its scope most aircraft listed in Annex I.

Is a Commission Regulation such as the Air Operations Regulation, made in pursuance of the basic Regulation, capable of applying its implementing rules to Annex I aircraft in spite of this?

London, United Kingdom

The basis is simply to get the same regulations, for simplicity or whatever. Every nation is free to create national regulation (Annex I), but cannot change EASA regulations.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

alioth wrote:

IIRC you can use a homebuilt in the UK for ab-initio training, legally. You’ve just got to find an FTO that will accept that, which, as always, is the stumbling block. If we could have truly freelance instructors then it would be practical.

With DTOs it might be somewhat easier in terms of the paperwork required on their end by the local CAA…

tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

LeSving I understand the rationale but sought confirmation that the Air Operations Regulation did not generally apply to Annex I aircraft save for odd exceptions. One exception appears to be that some ex-military Annex I aircraft when operated in a cost-shared flight must be conducted in accordance with either Part-CAT or Part-NCO regardless of national requirements.

London, United Kingdom
24 Posts
Sign in to add your message