Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Owning more than one plane

and a red flag for any left wing politician

A minor historical footnote is Ernesto Che Guevara was a glider pilot as a teenager, and in Cuba had personal use of a Cessna 182A, el lobito, which he flew with a safety pilot. He also puddle jumped in a L 200 Morava MEP.

I believe komsomol members in Warsaw Pact countries with aptitude (probably more party loyalty than psychometric tests) got heavily subsidised/ free training.

It was hopeful thinking that the arrival of LSA sport aircraft would debunk any silly type prejudice. I don’t believe France with a thriving aero club community would use GA for political attack.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

I had a go in a Morava also, c. 1965. The high-up party officials had lots of privileges…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

loco wrote:

excessive fuel usage down low

I recently had cause to do a 25 minute flight at 3000 ft in a CJ4
Now THAT is what you call excessive fuel burn. Luckily I wasn’t paying for it.

Last Edited by Neil at 27 Nov 15:21
Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

Mooney_Driver wrote:

Merz is a politician and a red flag for any left wing politician because he is self made rich and very successful. They hate that.

That’s very generalized. There are also billionaires that belong to the left spectrum ideologically and of course do not hate anybody being rich. It’s not about everyone being equal but everyone having equal chances.

Anyway, I do not follow the Merz debate closely but the „outcry“ was less because of his airplanes (which I find perfectly fine to have, note) and more about him answering a quesion about social hierachy, to which he replied he is middle class. That was a little too much in the face for some.

I end this by saying that working together instead of against each other would do general aviation good, regardless of politics.

always learning
LO__, Austria
44 Posts
Sign in to add your message