Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Oxygen bottle/kit rental in South-East England

Hey folks!

I am looking at renting an oxygen bottle kit for a 3-5 day trip I am planning towards the end of April, from the UK to Germany and back, around 3h each way. I am looking at oxygen because I want to be able to climb on top of possible IMC and not sit in it during the cruise.

Any such rental options in the South-East of England? Or in England/Wales at all? I live in Oxfordshire but can drive wherever is needed to get the kit. Would be much appreciated. I don’t want to buy the whole kit because I’ll only use it on this one trip (at least for now).

PD: I am almost 100% there is another thread on this but I couldn’t find it, so sorry for that.

Regards,

Last Edited by Alpha_Floor at 23 Mar 11:33
EDDW, Germany

Try AFE Oxford Airplan Flight Equipment, Unit 2, Chancery Gate Business Park, Langford Lane, Kidlington OX5 1FQ Phone: 01865 841441.
They sell Mountain High Oxygen Kit (which I think is the best) and have filled up my cylinder in the past.
Hope this helps. Peter

Rochester, UK, United Kingdom

@Peter_G I fear that shop may be closed. AFE now only operates out of their Manchester base.

https://www.afeonline.com/shop/cms.php?page_id=40&osCsid=14d4535523d05ab88600586cbc2b2206

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

@Alpha_Floor I may be needing to pick up an aircraft in Belgium in May, but was trying to get my head around the travel restrictions.

I know some crew stay airside on maintenance positioning flights and avoid quarantine, am hoping to figure out what steps are needed to achieve this.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

@Alpha_Floor Might be worth calling Navboys at Lasham. I thought they were renting some set in the past but I cannot find it mentioned on their website

Nympsfield, United Kingdom

I would just buy a kit. It will last “for ever” and all the time you are flying nonpressurised you will need it for more or less every Eurocontrol IFR flight in Europe.

If I was scuba diving, the only thing I would rent is the cylinder.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Peter25-Mar-21 11:3806
I would just buy a kit. It will last “for ever”

I bought my Mountain High kit second-hand (and it was as good as new) 10 years ago.
It has transformed the options of my flying: One can readily choose Flight Levels above 10,000’/12,000’, which keeps you clear of the muck, and completely traffic and hassle free. The ‘best’ investment for IFR flying.

Rochester, UK, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

I would just buy a kit

Once I have my own aircraft (or once I am pretty settled somewhere), yes, definitely.
At the moment I don’t even know where I’m going to be living 6 months from now.

Just need it for this one trip for now.

EDDW, Germany
8 Posts
Sign in to add your message