Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Oxygen refill in Southwest London/Southern England

Hello all,

Can anyone recommend a place to refill an oxygen tank in either Southwest London (including towards Fairoaks/Blackbushe) or at or near an airfield in Southern England? Trusted scuba or welding shop would work for me, it does not have to be an aviation maintenance shop.

Thanks

Wolfgang

EGTF, EGLK, United Kingdom

What cylinder thread is it? DIN or CGI540?

I can do a 540 but my cylinder is only half full. Need someone built like a gorilla to help me swap it at the local welding depot…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Good question, as far as I know neither. The scuba shop in Singapore had to get a special adapter and told me the cylinder thread is a “3/8” 24 TPI male stainless steel fitting".

It is an Aerox cylinder which normally comes with a CGA540 but I got mine from Aircraft Spruce where these do not get shipped with a CGA540. They told me that they ship them with the standard fittings used for built-in aviation systems, which apparently is the fitting mentioned above.

Wolfgang

Search for

Bizjet oxygen

or similar. I have only my phone so can’t do much but we had threads on this.

Administrator

Thanks, those threads are on the fittings – will figure out what fitting it is and get the necessary adapter.

Any suggestions on places for refill?

I could come down to Shoreham with the adapter needed but am not built like a gorilla…

Wolfgang

Very likely to get o2 at Biggin hill but I paid 150 quid there many years ago.

I will get the bottle swapped soon.

Administrator

I believe that RGV at EGBJ (Gloucester Staverton) offer oxygen bottle refills for a reasonable price (they used to do so, a few years ago)

EGGD Bristol, United Kingdom

Is welding oxygen the same as breathing oxygen?

Forever learning
EGTB

Oxygen is oxygen, I prefer local oxigen.

United Kingdom

One of the parachute rigger doing a lot of gliding club parachute repacking has a side business in refiling oxygen bottle. So it might be worth contacting him to see if he’s going to Lasham or Kenley.
His ad on glider ads website Grbmlyou need to login ;(
Tim Moran
T.P.F. Parachute Services

Tel: 01594 530230
Mobile: 07785 352306
[email protected]

Last Edited by Xtophe at 16 Dec 22:28
Nympsfield, United Kingdom
16 Posts
Sign in to add your message