Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

PA-28 crashed, no occupants found...

The Slovak one doesn’t seem to be ending happily either. An Ukranian whose documents may have been found at the scene, took his dead brother to the hospital at Michalovce saying that he’d been in a hit and run with a car. One newspaper suggested that he might have been guiding the aircraft in to land and been hit by it… All seems a little odd – perhaps ground looped whilst trying to avoid hitting him? Possibly smuggling ciggies, though none found at the scene.

So looks like he jumped out of the PA28.

Did anybody seriously doubt this?

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

If no bodies were found at the crash site, and the plane was not fitted with remote control equipment () then the occupant(s) must have jumped out. The only Q is whether it was done with a parachute or not.

Jumping out without a chute (i.e. a suicide) and letting the plane crash possibly on somebody else, is just weird. But there are all kinds of weird suicides… look at Germanwings, or (prob99 IMHO) MH370.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The pilot’s body was found on Sunday afternoon at a place 12km south of the crash side.

http://www.ksta.de/mechernich/vermisster-pilot-mechernich-gefunden-sote-flugzeugabsturz,15189152,31857912.html
( short article – only in German )

EDxx, Germany

Wouldnt a tall building be more practical/logical? Why go through all the trouble of trying to get out of the door. Its really hard work to squeeze through a door with all the air forces against it.

KHTO, LHTL

C210_Flyer wrote:

Wouldnt a tall building be more practical/logical?

I though there’s many more practical ways to both end a life and to begin a new one than jumping out of a PA28. Really strange.

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

Indeed. The lack of consideration for others who might find themselves in a path of a pilotless aircraft is surprising.

I suppose people in that situation just aren’t thinking straight.

EIWT Weston, Ireland
37 Posts
Sign in to add your message