Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

PA46 - EASA Type Rating

Hello,

Does anybody know – today – an ATO or a qualified instructor to get me the PA46-350P type rating, according to EASA demands?
As my plane is now Belgian registered, I’m in the urgent need of this type rating.
Belgian government does not accept the results of my SIMCOM training, because FAA rules do not match the JAA rules in this matter.
I know there is a lot of changes going on at EASA, but I need a solution now.

Sincerely,

Marc De Vos

Here. Frankfurt area. EDFB.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Hello Marc,

Here. Frankfurt area. EDFB.

You can get the rating there but it will be expensive. When I did my research they would basically only teach on their own aircraft which they charge at something like 600 EUR/h block time. You will need a minimum of 10 hours plus the check ride so probably 12h block time plus the charge for their training so it will be 10.000 EUR or more.

In my opinions there are way better solutions. Please send me a PM.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Marc, Before you can do the PA46 Type Rating you will need to have either an ATPL / or to pass the HPA written.
You have until April 2015 to do the HPA and the Type Rating.
For the HPA you could try…. Civil Aviation Training….you can find them at www.cat-europe.com
I have just completed the HPA with them, very good course.
Regards, Q

This school has the PA46 type on its list as well, but you’ll either have to fly your plane up here (Sweden) and do it, or have them come down to you.
They also have the Jetprop type in their list of capabilities.

Airways Flygutbildning

ESSB, Stockholm Bromma

This is not my speciality but I have some notes here (TBM850, similar issue) under Pilot Qualifications.

It is interesting that getting an FAA ATP exam pass gets around most of this stuff. No flying required. Unfortunately you need to have an FAA CPL to be able to sit the exam. What I am not sure is whether this route has been killed by this.

I recall reading about a UK FTO which was doing HPA courses for private pilots. Might have been the one mentioned by Quatrelle. If you have no luck Marc let me know and I will make some enquiries…

Is there nothing happening at EASA to remove the need for the HPA on the PA46?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Another interesting question would be why on earth was the aircraft transferred from N-reg. to OO-reg.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 10 Mar 18:16
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Not an answer, Marc, but as a countryman I am slightly curious to know your plane’s registration and homebase – PA46’s are not that common in tiny Belgium.
If you think it’s none of my affairs, you would be quite right, please feel free to say so!

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

but you’ll either have to fly your plane up here

Being able to use ones own plane is the key to bring costs down. But there are problems. EASA apparently requires that the plane be registered for flight training in the training organisations. This may involves:

- A kind of charter agreement (easy)

- Maintenance agreement with a part 145 shop which basically says they will do maintenance if you order them to do so (if you know a shop quite easy)

- CAMO (maybe you already have it)

- Finally in some countries they require that your airplane is maintained to flight school standards which in Germany means to extensions on components. Nearly no private plane will qualify.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Marc,
Unfortunately you will need to do both the HPA and Type Rating on the PA46 in Europe, the PA46 is not exempt.
They are not difficult.

I have given you the contact for the HPA and the Type Rating can be done in the UK.

If Peter passes on my email address to you, you can contact me directly and I will give you all the contacts.
Q

Last Edited by quatrelle at 10 Mar 19:26
52 Posts
Sign in to add your message