Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Panel mounted USB chargers (merged)

You should market these to the homebuilder market, Hardwood. They can install them legally, and they have potentially the same issues with radio interference as (arguably worse issues than) certified aircraft owners.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

You should market these to the homebuilder market, Hardwood Harkwood. They can install them legally, and they have potentially the same issues with radio interference as (arguably worse issues than) certified aircraft owners.

Thanks, It’s fair to say that the majority have gone into that area, a few with EASA aircraft have used the cigarette lighter variant so mount with velcro or the like. The original problem which started the whole process was in an EASA aircraft.

I hope to have a demo unit at a local airfield in the not too distant future. So if anyone flies in they can sign out a unit whilst they are there to try it out with their devices in their aircraft (if they have a cigarette lighter socket). Details of that will go onto the website once I get round to sorting it all out.

Last Edited by Harkwood at 14 Mar 14:22

Just ordered one!

Will see how it pans out on my 28v system

Flying a Commander 114B
Sleap EGCV Hawarden EGNR
PhilTheFlyer 14-Mar-15 17:18 #19
Just ordered one!

Will see how it pans out on my 28v system

Curiosity has the better of me, how have you got on with the Charge2?

Exactly what I need. I was going to order the Charge2 panel mount, but they all seems to be sold out, and the “add to basket” is grayed out.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway
LeSving 12-Apr-15 10:44 #21
Exactly what I need. I was going to order the Charge2 panel mount, but they all seems to be sold out, and the “add to basket” is grayed out.

Yes, apologies, awaiting delivery of parts.

That said, I have made a couple available, as they were just awaiting enclosures and they turned up yesterday.

{edit} You can only order items which are in stock, which is why the ‘add to basket’ deactivates.

Last Edited by Harkwood at 12 Apr 11:34

Thanks, ordered

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Working well with my iPad mini connected so far….

Flying a Commander 114B
Sleap EGCV Hawarden EGNR

Found this on another forum and thought I’d mention it here. No indication of FAA or EASA certification, though, or I should have missed it, so mainly of interest for Annex II operators.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

At least the cigarette lighter socket version doesn’t need any certification.

However, I don’t see the point, I’ve tried a few cheap ones but I never had an RF problem, only mechanical ones (one didn’t fit, and a very compact one was hard to get out of the socket, I needed a screwdriver)

LSZK, Switzerland
Sign in to add your message