Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Paris GA airports

I am looking for a list of GA airports around Paris that have easy and convenient access to public transport for the ride into town. Customs is not a concern as I will arriving from inside the Schengan zone. Thanks in advance for your information.

Propman
Nuthampstead , United Kingdom

Can I suggest Saint-Cyr-l’École

Indeed Saint Cyr LFPZ is the best in terms of public transport. 1 km walkable to a train station that takes you to the Eiffel tower. And with a Nice view of the Château de Versailles on final as a bonus.
Lognes LFPL is 2 km from a train station.
Toussus LFPN has a bus line that takes you to a station.

It will depend on when you want to come. The Citymapper app is your friend in the maze of Paris public transport (from which I am writing at this time :)

LFOU, France

Toussus LFPN is not a long way in Uber (always managed to get them there, around most 10 min if late at night), 30ish euros into central Paris.
The train can be very frustrating.

Thank you all.

Propman
Nuthampstead , United Kingdom

quatrelle wrote:

Can I suggest Saint-Cyr-l’École

Just wondering what the difficulty is to go to St-Cyr.
I already went to Lognes and this is quite straight forward without any difficulty.

Any feedback/inputs/impressions/suggestions are welcome

jfw
Belgium: EBGB (Grimbergen, Brussels) - EBNM (Namur), Belgium

Propman wrote:

I am looking for a list of GA airports around Paris that have easy and convenient access to public transport for the ride into town. Customs is not a concern as I will arriving from inside the Schengan zone. Thanks in advance for your information.

http://www.parisaeroport.fr/en/professionals/business-aviation/presentation-of-the-general-aviation-aerodromes

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

jfw wrote:

Just wondering what the difficulty is to go to St-Cyr.

The runways are grass, some people do not like this even if their aircraft is suitable.

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

A TB20 is suitable for grass but I won’t easily forget my £20k prop strike in 2002

Where the suitability is thus marginal, the views on this tend to be sharply polarised between owners and renters.

That’s an interesting summary of the Paris airports. A pity all of them are Schengen-only, except LeB which is some €750 and has no avgas according to recent reports. Also I wonder how many are really close to “Paris”. I recall a journey of ~2hrs each way from Pontoise. London has the same problem – it seems common.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I was more speaking regarding the navigational difficulties / traps.

For Lognes it is just a straight flight below the class A TMA, no issue whatever for the rest. For St-Cyr it seems that the airspace is a little more congested with CTR and restricted area. I have not looked it up in details. Just wondering what the feedback from other pilots were.

jfw
Belgium: EBGB (Grimbergen, Brussels) - EBNM (Namur), Belgium
69 Posts
Sign in to add your message