Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Part-M light: Any news on when it will come into force?

Hello everyone

I just looked up the intuitive and user friendly EC Comitology Register but don’t seem to find any information on Part-M light. Does anyone know if there’s any news?
Thanks!

The main thread on ELA1/ELA2 is here. Last time I heard it was to be 2019.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Oh, sorry about that. I didn’t look into it as Part-M light is not only for ELA1/2 but also for somewhat heavier aircraft. Thanks!

I don’t understand it properly either

The people who know are e.g. @bookworm and @mh.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Europe Air Sports just now released a news letter with the following info on Part-M Light, EASA response in Italic:

Part M Light
In early September, EAS asked in writing about the status of the long awaited publication
of Part M Light. (M – Maintenance) The following reply received from EASA tries to explain
the further delay which we have to accept for the moment.
As I am sure you know, the Agency issued Opinion 05/2016 in 2016 which contains PartML
and Part-CAO. This Opinion was discussed at the EASA Committee in 2016 with positive
feedback. Since then it follows the comitology process under control of the Commission.
Of course we do our best to assist in the process, but the Agency is not in charge of it.
For your information, this opinion has been merged with two more opinions dealing with
the implementation of SMS in Part-CAMO and Tech Records so the Member States will vote
the three Opinions in one package. The Commission planned initially to vote this package
this October but this planning may be modified due to several reasons, which means that
the voting would take place during the EASA Committee next February. Once it is voted
it takes some time (around nine months – mainly for translation purposes) until it is
adopted.
As a summary and considering the available information, the amending regulation could
be adopted in around one year

Last Edited by Fly310 at 19 Oct 19:39
Sweden

Seems as though the vote on this is today or tomorrow. I wonder how soon we’ll know the outcome.

https://www.eumonitor.eu/9353000/1/j9vvik7m1c3gyxp/vkvl8kacdxzw?ctx=vhpzoxt55hxv&tab=1

EIWT, Ireland

Part-M Light and associated amendments were approved at EASA Committee today. It now goes for translation and scrutiny before publication in the OJEU, which typically takes 6 months.

Part-ML bundle

I’m told some of the applicability dates have been pushed out 6 months compared to the drafts, but I don’t know the details.

bookworm wrote:

Part-M Light and associated amendments were approved at EASA Committee today. It now goes for translation and scrutiny before publication in the OJEU, which typically takes 6 months.

Great! No risk of a last-minute halt as happened previously?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Does anybody care to explain what the advantages are of this Part ML ? I’m very new to ownership :-)

EBST

Airborne_Again wrote:

No risk of a last-minute halt as happened previously?

Not really. Previously the texts went to the EASA Committee and discussed, and improvements were requested. Then there was a problem with resourcing at the Commission, which caused the long delay. The texts have now received a positive vote. It’s always theoretically possible that the EP rejects it in its scrutiny process, but, in all those texts that get churned out in the OJ across all industries, I think that’s only ever happened a handful of times.

56 Posts
Sign in to add your message