Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Part-NCO summarized

Arne wrote:

Does NCO remove any of the previous limits concerning use of Annex I airplanes for flying IFR?

I would not think so. NCO only regulates OPS and equipment for those airplanes approved for IFR, typically by type certificate. I believe that Annex N airplanes are per definition airplanes outside of “EASA environment” which makes room for national regulation.

huv
EKRK, Denmark

OK. Part-NCO is an EASA regulation, and does not apply to Annex I aeroplanes. The limitations on IFR are a matter of national law in the state of registration and operation.

@bookworm, so Annex I aeroplanes do not have to observe OPS and equipment rules stated in Part-NCO?

huv
EKRK, Denmark

huv wrote:

so Annex I aeroplanes do not have to observe OPS and equipment rules stated in Part-NCO?

Carrying an ELT/PLB is a famous example for Part-NCO applicability for ops on Annnex 1 (e.g. vintage aircraft)

Last Edited by Ibra at 25 Jun 15:49
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

huv wrote:

@bookworm, so Annex I aeroplanes do not have to observe OPS and equipment rules stated in Part-NCO?

Not unless national law requires it. In the UK in 2016, for example, many NCO requirements were transposed into national law. Some were omitted, for example the ELT/PLB requirement, IIRC.

bookworm wrote:

In the UK in 2016, for example, many NCO requirements were transposed into national law.

Swedish ops regulations for Annex I aircraft simply refers to part-NCO with two or three unimportant exceptions.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden
116 Posts
Sign in to add your message