Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Part-NCO summarized

bookworm wrote:

In the UK in 2016, for example, many NCO requirements were transposed into national law.

Swedish ops regulations for Annex I aircraft simply refers to part-NCO with two or three unimportant exceptions.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

huv wrote:

@bookworm, so Annex I aeroplanes do not have to observe OPS and equipment rules stated in Part-NCO?

Not unless national law requires it. In the UK in 2016, for example, many NCO requirements were transposed into national law. Some were omitted, for example the ELT/PLB requirement, IIRC.

huv wrote:

so Annex I aeroplanes do not have to observe OPS and equipment rules stated in Part-NCO?

Carrying an ELT/PLB is a famous example for Part-NCO applicability for ops on Annnex 1 (e.g. vintage aircraft)

Last Edited by Ibra at 25 Jun 15:49
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

@bookworm, so Annex I aeroplanes do not have to observe OPS and equipment rules stated in Part-NCO?

huv
EKRK, Denmark

OK. Part-NCO is an EASA regulation, and does not apply to Annex I aeroplanes. The limitations on IFR are a matter of national law in the state of registration and operation.

Arne wrote:

Does NCO remove any of the previous limits concerning use of Annex I airplanes for flying IFR?

I would not think so. NCO only regulates OPS and equipment for those airplanes approved for IFR, typically by type certificate. I believe that Annex N airplanes are per definition airplanes outside of “EASA environment” which makes room for national regulation.

huv
EKRK, Denmark

What used to be Annex II. Mainly Experimentals and orphan types in this case

ESMK, Sweden

What do you mean by Annex I airplanes?

Does NCO remove any of the previous limits concerning use of Annex I airplanes for flying IFR?

ESMK, Sweden

To add to the above:

The regulation says “you need to carry an ELT or PLB”.

An alternative means of compliance you declare can only specify how you carry that PLB, not something you do instead.

Biggin Hill
116 Posts
Sign in to add your message