Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Passive noise Headset with good volume level

Hi,

As i have trouble with ears, i want to fly using a passive headset + ears molds but for now the passive headset i’ve tried have a limited volume and unfortunately the flying club cessna 172 has some problems of volume with intercom since they install the new radio 8.33.

I can listen clear the radio but not my passengers, the volume is too low with my ears molds .

I’m not sure they are going to fix this as it work for most of the people and expensive to replace.

So i was asking if i can find a passive headset with an integrated amplifier. Maybe the models with bluetooth will be ok but i found this only in ANR like bose or lightspeed.

I’ve tried with bose A20 but seems ANR if not ok for my ears, even with earmolds.

Is anyone flying using this technique ( passive or active headset + ears molds)

Thanks

LFMD, France

Have you considered to try the Phonak in Ear headset? It would give you clear communication and if additional noise reduction would be neccessary, you could use any standard industy earmuffs. To boost communication volume to overcome protection molds seems to add a lot of additional noise.

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

I’ve used Clarity Alof since years and i loved them. But the noise attenuation is not enough for me now.

With clarity i cannot use another headset on top due to this design. Phonak maybe yes.

LFMD, France
3 Posts
Sign in to add your message