Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Photo Upload

Looks like it’s not working! You probably uploaded an airplane – but I see a monkey!

Using the upload button ought to work on IE9, even if Drag and Drop doesn’t, so we will be looking in to that. I’m afraid we won’t necessarily fix this all that soon (I realise that, kindly, you weren’t asking us to!) because IE9 is about 2% of users on this site. However, we do have a paying client who has lots of users with older browsers who this will likely impact, so that might move it up the todo list rather. I’ll let you know if there is movement.

Thanks.

Administrator
EGTR / London, United Kingdom

Fair enough, nobody should be using IE8 today.

I’m using IE9 not 8. Version 9 is the Latest version that can be used with Windows Vista, which of course is a version later than your beloved XP

I’m not asking for any changes or improvements. Just reporting as you asked me to with OS & Browser version, when I mentioned this to you in Pragure

EIWT Weston, Ireland

Fair enough, nobody should be using IE8 today.

Isn’t it 5 years younger than Symbian?

I confirm drag/drop into IE8 doesn’t work – the browser just displays the image. Fair enough, nobody should be using IE8 today.

External hosting seems to be the only possibility from this machine.

I would in such a case install Chrome and use it just for this purpose, perhaps.

Imgur.com is a right pain. They delete images 6 months after last fetch, which just trashes anything you post after a while. And who knows what their “fair usage policy” will be one day (on blocking images fetched from web links). I have my own FTP site, totally secure from disappearing one day, and a brilliant screenshot program (Faststone screen capture) set up to upload to it, but few people will have that option. So it’s worth using the drag/drop image upload.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Creating a new reply here with the sole purpose of editing it later with an image dragged in.

(( image withdrawn after it did what it had to do ))

Yes! Works now! Well done, David!

Last Edited by at 18 May 14:46
EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Windows Vista
IE 9.

Dragging an image to the posting box only results in IE opening the image full screen, and I have to press “Back” to get back to the forum.

Upload Image also doesn’t work. I select the image, click ok, and I’m immediately returns to the point before I press “Browse”, but with no file selected, and no upload started.

External hosting seems to be the only possibility from this machine.

Last Edited by dublinpilot at 18 May 13:02
EIWT Weston, Ireland

Right, it’s fixed. It was some over-zealous code designed to prevent spammers uploading tons of images. Having dialled that down a bit, all is now well. I hope.

Administrator

we have recreated the problem

Hehe, congrats, this is nearly always the hardest part in IT problems.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Ok, we have recreated the problem. Standby for a fix.

Administrator
19 Posts
Sign in to add your message