Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Photos of your planes

@Mooney_Driver

We had the LB engine, which is better than the GB, but still lacks the intercooler of the 252, which also came with a wastegate. Of the two, the wastegate is easier to retrofit, but retrofit intercooler is no longer being produced. Wastegate just makes it more idiot-proof, while the intercooler makes a real performance difference, as I found engine temperatures often would force me to fly at quite low power settings.

Yep, Garmin is having a laugh on the WAAS upgrades. I saw a quote of around 40K EUR on an Ovation I considered and it is definitely not as easy to operate an integrated system on a tight budget. If you’re allergic to INOP stickers in the cockpit, as I am , you will get to know your avionics guy really well with the integrated system :-)

The Corvalis came WAAS equipped from the factory – but then again, it probably also made it more expensive to buy in the first place.

EGTR

mmgreve wrote:

I found engine temperatures often would force me to fly at quite low power settings.

Very good to know. I recently was talking to someone who had his eyes on a GB equipped 231 for sale. The overboost problem I remember well from the Seneca II too, which however did not have any temp problems once airborne. I heard of several people who said that the 231 will not reach it’s top speed ever unless you take it up to very high altitudes, I imagine that may well be the reason why.

mmgreve wrote:

Yep, Garmin is having a laugh on the WAAS upgrades. I saw a quote of around 40K EUR on an Ovation I considered and it is definitely not as easy to operate an integrated system on a tight budget. If you’re allergic to INOP stickers in the cockpit, as I am , you will get to know your avionics guy really well with the integrated system :-)

I have to admit that this really woke me up when I heard about this from a friend who pulled out at the last minute from buying a G1000 Ovation for that reason and shortly after found one which had conventional instruments. My own WAAS upgrade cost a lot less (GNS430 to W), probably because Garmin can count 2 and 2 together and know that if they overdo it with those boxes, people will swap them for Avidynes (at least now).

mmgreve wrote:

The Corvalis came WAAS equipped from the factory – but then again, it probably also made it more expensive to buy in the first place

Good guess. But a lot better this way too.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

I was flying south from Scotland yesterday. It was such a nice day I cancelled IFR and went low level through the Mach Loop in Wales. Martyn Foss got these shots as I went past:

Spending too long online
EGTF Fairoaks, EGLL Heathrow, United Kingdom

Beautiful pics – and beautiful aircraft, Chris :-)

EDLE

Great pics, looks good fun. Did you notice the Eurofighter, underneath you, close, Pic 4?

Last Edited by BeechBaby at 09 May 20:04
Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

Ha! I checked with Valley that the loop was empty before I entered! A couple of photographers have told me on twitter that I was the only aircraft for a couple of hours and I raised some smiles as I went past!

Spending too long online
EGTF Fairoaks, EGLL Heathrow, United Kingdom

chrisparker wrote:

Ha! I checked with Valley that the loop was empty before I entered! A couple of photographers have told me on twitter that I was the only aircraft for a couple of hours and I raised some smiles as I went past!

Make no mistake, yours was the best they had ever seen in the loop. Looked fantastic, and not everyday you get a beautiful Bonanza zooming past. Most definitely will have made their day.

Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

At LOWZ, Zell am See Airport, Austria

I’m amused by the Machynlleth loop pictures – I was watching some Eurofighters going round it from about 4000 feet, a bit later in the day. How low do you have to fly to get your picture taken?

2 pics by Peter Schneider, taken at Meiringen Airbase last Saturday.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland
Sign in to add your message